Having a hyster on Wed! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having a hyster on Wed! Having a hyster on Wed!

Unread 04-08-2002, 07:16 AM
Having a hyster on Wed!

Hi everyone. I just now stumbled across your website, and I wish I had found it sooner. But hopefully y'all will be able to help after the hysterectomy! I'm only 26, but I suffer from endometriosis. I've been fortunate enough to have 2 children, so my doctor has decided it's time, since having the children didn't cure it. I'm very scared. Not so much about having a hysterectomy, but the whole hormone replacement therapy stuff that goes with it. To be honest, I don't really know anything about what happens afterwards, and all I've heard is one horror story from a lady who had one when she was 36. So I'm 10 years younger, and I'm terrified. If anyone has a similar situation, could you please tell me about your experience? I wasn't allowed to use my email address to register. I have an AOL name under my parent's account, but I prefer to get my mail at hotmail. So you can email me at [email protected], or feel free to reply to this post. I'm sure I'll be on this site frequently!

Thanks so much!
Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 07:30 AM
Welcome!

Hi Jenny,
I'm practically a neighbor, I live in Elizabeth City.
I'm glad you found HysterSisters, there's a wealth of information here for you.
We vary in age and diagnoses here, I think you'll find some younger sisters that share your concerns.

I hope you have good support at home-after surgery the most important job you have is to take care of yourself! I'm sure you've seen it by now- rest,water,walking, etc.

I'll be looking for a post-op follow up from you!
Unread 04-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Hi Jennifer

Welcome to HysterSisters.
Please keep reading the posts and threads here. I think you will find many women of all ages, including yours that have faced hysterectomy and HRT. There have been so many advances and new options with HRT over the years. We do not have to have the same experience as our mothers or grandmothers.
Please visit the Hormone Jungle. There you will find wonderful pull down menu's with articles, information and another place to ask specific questions. Here's the link.
http://www.hormonejungle.com/
Also on the Home page of HysterSisters about half way down you will find pull down menu's with lot's of wonderful information to assist you in all the stages of this process.
We're here for you. Keep reading and posting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register