What did you give up post hysterectomy ?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What did you give up post hysterectomy ?! What did you give up post hysterectomy ?!

Unread 05-21-2014, 08:51 PM
What did you give up post hysterectomy ?!

I'm 16 wks out and was wondering what short cuts you started taking after hysterectomy and what things you don't care if you ever go back to again ?

I went to easy one pot meals and simplified meals alot. Just find myself still tired at times and at this point find myself dusting less, haven't attempted the floors , DH does and I let him do the heavy lifting. I just find myself scheduling less and I think I enjoy the slower pace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2014, 01:32 AM
Re: What did you give up post hyst ?

Actually, I gave up nothing except for the first 3 months when I was in the early stages of healing. I added stuff. I felt better than I had in years. I moved across the country. I found a new career. I started going out and enjoying nature. I did all the things I had wanted to do before my hysterectomy when I was so sick and couldn't. I have pushed too far, so I have to watch it, but in general, I have given up nothing. I still let DH do the floor and bathroom scrubbing. He just never stopped, and I'm not about to ask him to I could do it, but between the two of us, the house gets cleaner faster, which give us more free time.
Unread 05-22-2014, 06:21 AM
Re: What did you give up post hysterectomy ?

I have given up vacuuming. DH does it without complaint. I'm sure not complaining! I have also given up Coke A Cola. I now find it disgusting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2014, 02:20 PM

I gave up my supplies of tampons and pads.. and my monthly reliance on flexeril and hydrocodone.
Unread 05-22-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrified View Post
I have given up vacuuming. DH does it without complaint. I'm sure not complaining! I have also given up Coke A Cola. I now find it disgusting!
Me too! Coke was always my one vice in life. I can't get through more than a few sips of the stuff now. I don't enjoy it at all! Water and tea for me
Unread 05-22-2014, 02:44 PM
What did you give up post hysterectomy ?!

A husband!
Unread 05-22-2014, 04:00 PM

I ended up getting sick last August and finally having my surgery in April of this year. So I had a lot of time to think about things .

I realized how little truly "has" to be done on any given day. If it is on my list and it needs to get done, I do it. On days I am not feeling good, things that don't have to be done that day, I don't do them, they stay on the list. On a good day I clear out all my "to do's". And I do not feel guilty on the days I can't get to the "should" do list!
Unread 05-22-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
I gave up my supplies of tampons and pads.
Oh yeah!!!

I also gave up planning my life around whether or not I was hemorrhaging on that particular day.

Other than that: nothing. I feel great--better than I have in ages. I am fully back to normal (a new, better normal), and I feel strong and full of energy. I love it! Hysterectomy = best thing I ever did.
Unread 05-22-2014, 04:47 PM

Only one thing. Cheese. Sigh. My comfort food. Any kind would do. So, along with loosing a uterus i will "loose" bad cholesterol. So, sounds like a win-win to me!!
Unread 05-22-2014, 07:00 PM

I gave up smoking after 34 years. I also realized that life is too short to worrying about the small stuff. I don't stress at work anymore and if my husband does something wrong, I just let it go.
I also gave up vacuuming. My DH is doing it now. You do a lot of thinking sitting at home for 8 weeks....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register