adenocarcinoma of the endometrium | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adenocarcinoma of the endometrium adenocarcinoma of the endometrium

Unread 04-09-2002, 12:27 PM
adenocarcinoma of the endometrium

Hi,

This is my first time to post on this wonderful forum. I must give my sister credit for finding you guys.

I was diagnosed with cancer of the endometrium on 3-19-02. My wonderful DR was hopeful that he had caught it in stage I. Needless to say, that day our world was turned upside down.

I am blessed with two wonderful sons and a loving, supportive DH or I could not have made it through those dark days prior to surgery.

I had a TAH/BSO one week ago, 4-2-02. After a three day stay in the castle (and bouts with post-op vomiting and gas), I got to come home. My stay at the castle was made as pleasant as possible, the care I received was incredible. I was fortunate to stay in a Women's Castle that had only been operational for one year. It's really a beautiful castle if there is such a thing! The cancer was indeed stage I, with no requirement for treatment. Doc will monitor me every six months.

My doc did a verticle incision with stitches. Since I also have RA(rheumaotid arthritis) and take daily prednisone, the stitches will have to stay in two weeks...bummer! Those stitches are so uncomfortable, anybody out there have any tips on coping with them for another week???

I am doing remarkably well, DH took a week of vacation to be by my side. He didn't leave the castle at all only to eat an occasional meal. Tomorrow he goes back to work and I feel a little sad. The days will be long considering so many restrictions regarding activity. I plan to read, rest, watch a "little" TV, and check this forum.

I am NOT currently taking hormones. Next week when sutures come out, it's my understanding we will discuss HRT. I would appreciate hearing from other princesses who have gone through much of the same as I.

This forum is a blessing for all of us...I only wish I could have found it back in March.

Love to all,
SusieBee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 01:48 PM

Welcom Susiebee and at least you did find us.

Your story sounds like a good one. No further treatment.
You can concentrate on healing . But if ever the 'cancer head' rears its ugly head, please dont hesitate to come here for support .

Another good forum is HORMONE JUNGLE here on the hystersister site. Many women with lots of experience with HRT. Wishing you the best of luck and lots of love to you.Take care x x
Unread 04-09-2002, 04:52 PM

s Susiebee

I'm glad your sister directed you to us. You must be so relieved to have that whole nasty episode behind you. Now you can just concentrate on healing.
Feel free to stop back anytime.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 05:18 PM

Great news on the stage 1. Now it's time to sit back and heal!

I had a big vertical incision with my staging lap and had staples in for a week. I don't know how sutures are, but I know it's no fun. Sometimes a heating pad felt good to me. Hang in there, once they're out, they're out for good!

Unread 04-09-2002, 05:27 PM

Hi Susiebee
I also had cancer of the endometrium. 21/2 yrs ago, no treatment and everything is okay! My Doc. wanted me to go on hrt. I did for 2 yrs. I developed cysts in my breast and got scared and went off.
In reading in the Desert Oasis, I have realized a lot of Doc's do not prescribe hrt when cancer was involved. I am anxious to hear what your Doc. says, Please let me know.
I am now waiting for an appointment with a new Doc. to discuss my options. I'm glad everything has turned out well for you.
Unread 04-09-2002, 07:27 PM
Hope you are well

Congratulatins on having caught it all...i, too, had endometrial cancer Grade I. Caught in time, thank goodness...Just relax as much as you can, and listen to your body....It will tell you when you have done too much...Enjoy the time--and try to relax...Hugs....Fran
Unread 04-09-2002, 11:26 PM
Hi SusieBee

Welcome to HysterSisters and to the Cancer Concerns forum.
I too had Endo Cancer Grade 1. It was caught early so no treatments needed here either. We are the lucky one's, even though it may not have seemed that way at first.
I am so glad to hear you are doing well.
My doctor did the horizontal incision, even though I think most doc's do the vertical when cancer is present. I had staples which were removed before I left the hospital.
I did not do HRT until I was 5 weeks post op. I had very few symptoms due to alot of stored estrogen no doubt. I am doing the patch and getting off to a pretty good start. Although I will probably lower the dose and see how I do.
The Hormone Jungle or the No Hormone Desert are great resources.
Take care. And this is a great place to relieve the recovery boredom. Just don't sit too long at once.
Unread 04-10-2002, 07:43 AM

Hi Susiebee,

Another one recently diagnosed with endo cancer here! I got my diagnosis on the 5th Feb and had my op on the 7th March. Like you, I am stage 1 and don't have to have any further treatment. Am on 3-monthly checks though.

Although a junior doctor before my op told me that I would have to have hrt, my gyn'st never mentioned it when I saw him for my histopathology report at 2 and a half weeks (I'm not seeing him again until my 1st 3-monthly check). I didn't bring it up as I had read in a book that it isn't advised for endo cancer cases. So far, I'm doing fine without it anyway - but then, I hadn't had a period since last September, so was presumably well into the menopause (I'll be 51 in July!).

I hope you continue to do well (indeed, I hope we all do!). Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you want to talk further.

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:57 PM

Hi and Welcome......wonderful news your cancer was caught early.
I had endo cancer stage 2B, grade 2.
I am only 38, I was diagosed a year ago. My doctor recommended HRT....especially because of my age. There seems to be alot of controversey about this cancer and HRT at this time. I believe years ago they felt strongly about not recommending it, now it seems to be OK.
However the breast cancer risk, still seems to be an issue.
Good Luck and let us know how you do
Unread 04-13-2002, 12:49 PM

I really appreciate the support from my sisters on this forum. I will go to my doc on 4-16-02, to have these sutures removed. They have been a real pain. I've been taking things slow and giving myself plenty of rest. At times I feel a little blue. I will post again after my DR visit on Tuesday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register