Finally broke down and made an appointment.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally broke down and made an appointment.... Finally broke down and made an appointment....

Unread 04-09-2002, 01:52 PM
Finally broke down and made an appointment....

Well, I did it, I made an appointment with a new GP, I called my gyn and the nurse told me I wasn't scheduled to see him again until July, so being in the mood I have been lately concerning doctors I just said ok and called this GP. I don't have a regular doc so this is one that my Dad goes to and really likes. I go tomorrow at 1:00, the last 3 days have been hell on me, I have increased right sided pain, nausa, vomiting almost everytime I eat and sometimes 3 hours after I eat something I end up throwing up and it will still be in my stomach for some reason, this doesn't happen everytime but here lately it has been more often than not. My pain with bowel movements has increased again and to put the icing on the cake I am having urine leaking when I cough or sneeze and more embarresing when I have intercourse I leak urine, I just realized that last one when Dh and I had sex and I was cleaning up I could tell it was urine. What a major bummer....I don't know what I expect to come out of this appointment tomorrow, well actually I really don't expect much at all but I figured with my insurance expiring at the end of the month that I had better get in to see someone and take a chance that maybe they will listen to me and take care of things....finally!!
So, thats it on me for now, I will post more tomorrow after I get back and let you all know what he said.
s to all of you.....
Carmel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 02:40 PM

'S Carmel,

I'm so glad that you are seeing a Dr. tomorrow! I'm sad that you are in so much pain and discomfort.

I hope and pray that this doc will be able to help you...or refer you to 'the' dr who will be able to figure out what's going on.

Please do let us know how your appointment goes....
Unread 04-09-2002, 02:46 PM
Well...

I'm sorry that you had to call the doctor back...to me that's like walking in to a funeral parlor

I mean really...the hope goes up...then it goes down...what a rollercoaster!

Kind of like food, other basic necessities...never know what's gonna happen with MY body...

Sorry, hon. I'm not laughing AT you...I'm lauging WITH you...

I've had most of these issues myself. I do hope they can help you and I hope they do it QUICK!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 06:23 PM

{{{Carmel}}}
I'm so glad that you made the appt and that you got in quickly. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and ers and will be looking for your update to see how it went.
Unread 04-10-2002, 08:24 AM

Carmel, I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that this GP can help or at least refer you on to someone who can....good for you for making the appt at least it's moving in the right direction right? Please let us know how it goes.........'s!!!
Unread 04-10-2002, 08:31 AM

{{Carmel}},
I hope all goes well with the Drs today! Please let us know what he says...s
Unread 04-10-2002, 08:35 AM

Thanks for all your well wishes ladies, I really need them this morning, I hate going to this doctor and basically starting all over again with everything. But, who knows, maybe he will listen and at least try to understand where I'm coming from. That always seems to be the hardest part is just trying to get them to understand how much pain we feel and how it is affecting us on a daily basis. I know that I am one that doesn't show my pain very much, I may hurt everyday and sometimes so bad that I don't think that I can possibly go on, but I have no choice but to do just that and work thru the pain, I have learned to be very wise at covering up just how bad I feel, mostly out of fear from everyone else, you know, the way they look at you, the little comments about things, the way they think they understand when there is no possible way they can unless they are dealing with the same issues.
I'm pretty surprised that I am not more nervous about this appointment, maybe it's because I don't really have any expectations from it, I'm going in there hoping that he will do something but knowing that the chances are slim that I will get anywhere with this.
As I said before, my insurance runs out the end of the month so he is basically my last chance to get anything done between now and then.
Well, gonna go, time to start getting ready, I'll post as soon as I know anything.....
s to all of you....
Carmel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register