Surgery on 4-29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on 4-29 Surgery on 4-29

Unread 04-11-2002, 08:03 AM
Surgery on 4-29

I'm 31 and have endo. I will be having surgery to remove everything on April 29th. I finally found a doctor that I trust but I am still worried. I don't know if it is more worry or dread. They are also going to be working on my colon because the disease is there too. I woke up today and felt like I couldn't breath. My chest felt so tight. I have three daughters that I home-school. I'm concerned about how long I will be in the hospital. All advice and prayers are welcome. Thanks, Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 09:12 AM
Hi Sherry

Sweety it is very rare if someone facing this surgery is calm and feeling no dread. What you feel is normal now what you need to do is read all the post and replies on here and hopefully it will calm you down. All surgeries are different so you will read all different types and experiences with a hyst. God bless and my will be with you. Usually the castle stay is anywhere from 2 to 5 days. Sometimes longer so it will depend on how much you have done. So read a lot and give those girls a rest from school while you are recovering you will need the time to recover and let them pamper you. We are always here 24/7 so feel free to chat in the chat room or just ask questions here.
Unread 04-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Welcome!

Hi, Sherry! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site on the Web for support and comfort and info! Sorry to hear you will have to have a hyst, too. There are many women here who have dealt with endometriosis. You can go up to the top of the page to "search" to read past threads about this or any other topic you are interested in. Also click on the 3 princesses at the top of the page to find the pull-down menus with stories and advice for Ladies in Waiting (waiting for their surgery dates). And feel free to ask any question you like here. We'll try to answer them and support you through this journey! s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Surgery on 4-29

Kitten Cuddles and Ruthie,

Thank you both for your replies. It sure is nice to know that I am not alone. Sherry
Unread 04-11-2002, 08:37 PM
surgery on 4-29

Sherry,

I am scheduled for surgery also on 4/29. I am anxious also but really wish it was sooner so I wouldn't have to think about it for so long. You said you are removing everything. Are you going to keep your ovaries. I want to keep mind but just recently started having a problem with one and don't know if I will be able to keep both.

I also homeschool my daughter. She is in ninth grade. This is our first year and love it.

Let's keep in touch and compare notes. Maybe we can give each other support from now until the 29th!!!

Lynn
Unread 04-12-2002, 07:21 AM
Surgery on 4-29

Lynn,

Thanks for getting in touch. No, I am not keeping my ovaries and I'm really worried about it. But, like you, I'm having serious trouble with my right one. I'm going today for an ultra sound. It's really nice to know that I am not alone. We have a lot in common. I like home-schooling too. I have three daughters, two are twins. Keep in touch. We'll share info. Thanks, Sherry
Unread 04-12-2002, 07:46 AM
surgery on 4/29

Sherry,

If you don't mind me asking why are you having an ultrasound when your surgery is so close. Won't your doctor just made a decision when he is in there during the surgery about the ovary or ovaries. The reason I ask is I just started having this ovary pain a couple of weeks ago and it came from an exam done from a surgeon I was thinking about cuttting out the fibroid and not having a hyst. After that exam I decided to have the hyst and let my ob/gy do it but ever since that exam I have had moderate to severe pain in my left ovary. ANyway I did talk to my obgy on the phone about the pain but she said she didn't know what he might have done but we would talk about it at post-op. I was wondering about having an ultrasound myself but since my ob was not concerned and I am having the hyst in a couple of weeks I thought I would tough out the pain. Thanks for any insight. Just wondered why your doctor wants to go ahead and do the ultrasound now.

Lynn
Unread 04-13-2002, 10:07 AM
Surgery on 4-29

Hey Lynn,

I asked my doctor the same thing and he said that I didn't have to have one but he would like to see before the surgery. Does that make any sense? I've been having terrible pain in my right ovary and the other day he felt something on it. If it was any other doctor I would be skeptical. But he is a gynecological oncologist who also treats endo. My mother had fallopian tube cancer last year and he treated her. He was very good to her and helped her. I'm hoping for those same results. I've been to several gynecologists that told me I needed a hysterectomy and then dismissed me and acted like I shouldn't be asking any questions. He took as much time with me as I needed and tried to answer all of my questions. Sherry
Unread 04-13-2002, 11:27 AM
surgery on 4-29

Sherry,

He sounds like a wonderful doctor. Let me know how your ultrasound turns out. You may e-mail me if you like instead of going back and forth on this board. As I was telling you I had been experiencing great pain on my left ovary but now that I have started my LAST period (yea!) it seems to have released the pain for now.

Lynn [email protected]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register