Can't help but reflect....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't help but reflect....... Can't help but reflect.......

Unread 04-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Can't help but reflect.......

s to All

Tomorrow it will be a year since I had the ultrasound that changed my life forever. I'll always remember the tech saying :" since you're a nurse and won't panic, I'll show you........." From that moment on, I knew I was the owner of ovarian cancer. I kinda look at it as though a year ago I was on my way to dying and did not even know it. Now a year later, I am well on my way to living!!! I guess the first few years post cancer diagnosis we are so aware as those anniversaries roll around.

I am still in the middle of the continuing taxol dilemma. Busy gathering info so I can be fully armed when I see my gyn onc next month. Actually I have spoken to two other oncologists (one a renowned gyn onc prof. from the Univ of Pa) and both say go for it. So if my own doc sees the benefit of receiving more taxol as well, I guess that's what I'll do. Probably one of the most difficult decisions I'll ever make.

Anyway, I was just sitting here reflecting on the past year, and wanted to share my thoughts with those who truly understand. What a godsend you all have been to me this past year.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 01:59 PM

Karen, these anniversaries certainly make you sit back and reflect , don't they?

I wonder if it did make it any easier for you, being a nurse. I know I would have panicked.

It is time to . We can have yet another brownie ( with all this good new lately, we are going to be needing diets )

Lots of love to you always x x
Unread 04-11-2002, 04:23 PM

Way to go Karen!!!
You have such a wonderful winning attitude, and you have had that throughout your entire ordeal! Thats half the battle I feel.

You are so right about those anniversaries. I will never forget the day of my first ultrasound and the day I first heard the mass they discovered may be cancerous.........it was Sept 11th, a day that brings sadness for so many reasons now. Mind you it was a year before the NY tragedy but a date to remember none the less.

And your anniversary falls on my moms birthday. Mom would be 81 tomorrow if she were living, so now I will always think of you on this day as well as my mom.

I just think you are such a brave lady for thinking of doing the additional chemo as a preventative. It shows your strength and determination, and thats so wonderful!! You are an inspiration!!
Big hugs, and lots of love!!
M. xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 05:22 PM

I certainly have been feeling very reflective lately as well. My surgery was March 12. I was given my news On 2/26/01. The words are constantly ringing in my ears. We will never forget the announcing of the news. Last year at this time, I was recovering from surgery and anxiously awaiting my radiation treatments.......and more importantly I also discovered HYSTERSISTERS......that was the bright spot.
So certainly I and so many of us understand about being reflective.
I love your attitude, and I love how you put things. You have such a wonderful way with words. I do so enjoy reading your posts.
Love and Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register