Newbie | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-11-2002, 05:35 PM

Hi. My name is Nanci, and I am from Northern California. I just found your site a few days ago, and this is my first post.

I started having periods at age 10 (surprise!). They were so irregular that I would have to be started and stopped with injections.

In junior high, they decided to put me on the pill. This helped, and I hate needles anyway.

I have had numerous ovarian cysts...one required surgery and one recently ruptured.

After my son was born, I flunked my pap smear. After a biopsy, my cervix had a freeze job.

I have had fibroids for a long time on my uterus. This actually affects my digestion. I didn't even think of that as being the cause, but it is. I have been in a lot of pain.

I am scared to death to hear the word "cancer". That's why I am having everything taken out on May 13. Am I paranoid? Maybe.....but I am more scared of what will happen next if I DON'T have this surgery. I hope this makes sense.

Anyway, I am very thankful to have found this site. I look forward to getting to know all of you and to being there for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 05:54 PM

Hi Nanci and welcome!

So glad you decided to post! This is a great place for info, support and hugs!

I'm a little confused - have you been diagnosed with cancer or have you had the abnormal paps and the "freeze job" without a diagnosis yet?

If this is something that has been mentioned as the reason for your surgery, you may want to visit our forum Cancer Concerns if you haven't already. The women there have a lot of experience with this and can be very helpful.

Keep reading, keep posting all your questions, and we will help you get through this!!! I'm so happy that you found us!

Karen
Unread 04-11-2002, 08:40 PM
Thanks!

Thanks for writing. The doctor said that they were a "pre-cancerous" type of cell. That's why they did the freeze job.
I like the Steven Wright quote in your signature, Karen. He is a riot.

Thanks to all of you who respond. I know that this is not easy for anyone, and I'm glad that we have each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 10:52 PM
Welcome

Hi Nanci...Welcome. I am 7 days post op and I am already glad I had the abdominal hyst. Sounds like you have already been thru alot, and that this surgery will give you a much better quality of life without pain. I wish you well. Take Care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register