TAH Released for Driving one week post hysterectomy, how long did some of you wait to drive? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Released for Driving one week post hysterectomy, how long did some of you wait to drive? Released for Driving one week post hysterectomy, how long did some of you wait to drive?

Unread 06-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Released for Driving one week post hysterectomy, how long did some of you wait to drive?

I was released to drive on Tuesdays doctor appointment, I'm only a week post op. I decided on Tuesday to wait another week before attempting this. How long did some of you wait to drive? I'm in no rush since it still hurts to walk around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Re: Driving?

I drove in the middle of my third week. I had my hysterectomy last Halloween and on Nov 17th, I flew an hour to see my mom and rented a car at the airport. The flight was short, as was the drive, though -- and I had my mom's house ot relax in when I got there.

My surgery was pretty uncomplicated for a TAH, though -- just the uterus out, cervix included and both tubes, ovaries left in, no cancer concerns, prolapses, or endo/adeno.
Unread 06-27-2014, 02:59 PM

I had a tah/bso a year ago for endometrial cancer. My doctor ok'd me to start driving at 2 weeks post op. I didn't have any problems doing it but I only drove short distances the first couple of weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2014, 03:16 PM

I was cleared to drive at 1 week as I didn't take any narcotics. All is well, and this week did 2 2.5 hr drives w/no problem
Unread 06-27-2014, 03:27 PM

Drove at 9 days, day after my first after check with Dr.
Unread 06-27-2014, 05:40 PM

6 weeks, but only short distances
Unread 06-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Re: Released for Driving one week post hysterectomy, how long did some of you wait to drive?

I must say that I am not quite 2 wweks out from my surgery, and there is no way I could be behind the wheel of a car right now.
I went on my first 'outing' today with DH....lunch at our favorite BBQ place, then a leisurely shopping rip to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Away from home 2 hours total, and I am completely exhausted! !
Car ride was only 10 minutes one way.
This has sure been an eye-opener! I got a really vivid picture of just how long this recovery is going to be.
Unread 06-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Re: Released for Driving one week post hysterectomy, how long did some of you wait to drive?

I was cleared at 6 weeks and that was even hard to do . By 8 weeks I needed to drive to work and it was still a little painful..
Unread 06-27-2014, 09:19 PM

I drove at 10 days, the day of my first post-op check. My doctor told me I could drive within 48 hours of surgery if I was off the narcotics. That was WAY too soon for me.
Unread 06-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Released for Driving one week post hysterectomy, how long did some of you wait to drive?

I started driving somewhere between the two and three week mark. Be careful not to get too far from home because you're going to get tired really fast:-(

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register