endo & CIN3 dysplasia - is it time? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endo & CIN3 dysplasia - is it time? endo & CIN3 dysplasia - is it time?

Unread 04-11-2002, 08:43 PM
endo & CIN3 dysplasia - is it time?

Hi Girls,
I feel like I'm in the middle of a minefield. This week I had the wonderful news that I only have severe dysplasia CIN3 not cancer (phew!) albeit a rather large area which needs surgery to treat it. As I have endometriosis as well, I've been considering a hyster. I recently came off the contraceptive pill so I wasn't pumping hormones anymore (After the elusive clean, healthy bod as it helps keep the ogre Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at bay - now recovered) now the endo symptoms are raging much worse, and here we are with a decision to make.

I have no kids and aren't in lust for them either, I'm 40, and very wary of HRT but what I've read seems to give no real options for a smooth menopause should I have to have it now. Has anyone else out there dealt with this combo? The alternative is more laser treatment for the endo - wasn't hugely successful last time, but have a different Gynae now - along with wire loop excision or Cone Biopsy for the nasty cells on the cervix, and go back on the pill - isn't that a form of HRT anyway?

Help sisters!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 10:20 AM

Only Sapphire will be able to make that decision. Have you thought about a 2nd and 3rd opinion? I had such trouble with endo and adeno that I'm glad that I no longer have to deal with either. I have no experience with CIN3 but wonder if it can EVER go from benign (non-cancer) to malignant. Have you ever asked your doctor about this? I do encourage another medical opinion.
Unread 04-12-2002, 04:07 PM

Thanks Patty, I guess I'm not so worried about it becoming cancer - from what Ive read and heard from the gynae that can take 10 years anyway and that's only if the CIN3 goes untreated. It's that I have to have what's there cut out, so I'm thinking do I get the whole shibang cut out and get rid of the endo while I'm at it? THe bits that worry me are the menopausal symptoms at my age of 40 - being without oestrogen till the endo dies off, and how out of control emotionally I might become. Is this what happens? My mum was a witch for 10 years till she found HRT! It seems that HRT isn't an option till the endo dies off - what was your experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 06:24 PM

Hi, Sapphire,

Here's a link to the No Hormone Desert Oasis. These ladies are unable to use HRT, or have chosen not to use it. They may be able to answer your questions about living through surgical menopause without hormone replacement therapy:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...?s=&forumid=34

It's my understanding that hysterectomy is not a cure for endometriosis, so please discuss this thoroughly with your doctors before choosing a hyst. As Pattygefa suggested, any woman who is considering a hysterectomy would be well-advised to get at least two medical opinions before making a decision.

Best wishes,
Helen
Unread 04-14-2002, 04:41 AM

Thanks Girls,
I'll be doing just that! Keep you posted...

Sapphire
Unread 04-14-2002, 06:49 AM

Sapphire,
Each doctor is different. I was originally without any HRT for about 6 weeks. After going back several times after the 6 weeks to just discuss HRT I finally made a switch of doctors regarding HRT issues only. I quickly discovered that my doctor doesn't have the expertise in HRT that some others have. I do know of others who have switched doctors simply for HRT issues. I had a moderate case of endo and am doing fine as I had waited 6 weeks prior to starting any HRT. I'm just now 15 months pre-op and feel great. Stay in touch!
Unread 04-14-2002, 02:02 PM

Hi Sapphire, I just wanted to pop in here and invite you over to the neighbourhood forum. There is a special forum for australians.There are quite a few of us now . When you feel up to it , please come over and introduce yourself. take care and much love xx
Unread 04-15-2002, 04:53 PM

Thanks so much girls,

after digesting all the info, I've decided with my gynae to go for a more conservative treatment at this stage. Maybe I'll end up having a hyster later, but maybe I won't have to too. Ithink I need to keep trying eveerything else on offer for a while. The Gynae is going to do a loop excision for the CIN3 and another one will do a laparoscopy and excision of the endo at the same time. Last time I just had laser and it didn't help much. Apparenly excision is much more successful unless you have adenomyosis which I don't think I have. They'll know soon enough anyway and I'll take it from there. Op on June7th. Thanks for all your help and advice girls, it's been ahuge help and I know I have a wonderful resource here when I need it.

XXXXX Sapphire

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register