fibroids and indigestion | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

fibroids and indigestion fibroids and indigestion

Unread 04-11-2002, 09:04 PM
fibroids and indigestion

My surgery is scheduled for 4/29 for hysteretomy due to fibroid and andenmoysis. Last year I started having terribly indigestion and a couple of months later was diagnosed with fibroid. My gut feeling tells me when the hysterectomy is over the acid reflux will be over. All doctors have told me there is no connection but can't find anything wrong from upper gi. I am and have been teribbly bloated and doctor says my uterus is like three month pregnancy so I think there is a connection. I am debating whether to have more gi tests or have the hytstectromy first and then see. Problem is if I am wrong then I will have to wait a long time to recoup from hyster to have gi tests. Anyone have terrible indigestion with fibroids or ando?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 09:45 PM
fibroids and indigestion

I had digestive trouble before surgery. My uterus was about the size of a 4 month pregnancy. Since surgery I have not had any digestive problems. I think the enlarged uterus was pressing on other things and causing the problem. Possibly after surgery you will have some relief. Let me know how it goes.
Unread 04-12-2002, 01:07 AM
Different pre op problem

RLPD

I didn't have indigestion pre op, but I did have chronic lower back pain every day and when I had my periods, it was unbearable. I had also started having a numb left leg each month. I had a 16 week uterus and multiple large fibroids removed. Since surgery I have not had back ache even once. Magic.

Best wishes for your surgery and recovery.

Gail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 02:36 AM
fibroids and indigestion

I had indigestion pre op - asked the doc whether it could be connected to the fibroids, he said it was possible.

Haven't had indigestion since the op.
Good lick,

Diana
Unread 04-12-2002, 04:53 AM
hmmmm

Wow, I never thought of it, but now that you mention it I did have reflux before my surgery. I had severe adeno and fibroids (15 week size uterus). Also, lower back pain before surgery and right after, but now seems to be gone. I had my surgery on Jan. 28. Best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery.
Unread 04-12-2002, 05:20 AM
fibroids and indigestion

Hi, I had huge fibroids..uterus size of 5 month pregnancy. Over the last year, my fibroids grew and as they grew I started having bad indigestion. I was living on Tagamet...but I never got the connection between the indigestion and the growing uterus.
I was just telling my mom YESTERDAY ( I am 4 weeks post op) that I have suffered NO INDIGESTION since my surgery.
I do believe there is a definite connection now!!
I haven't changed my eating habits either. I think the pressure of my uterus pushing on my digestive organs most likely caused me to suffer this past year with burning indigestion.
Let us know how it goes...I think it would be interesting to see if other sisters have had their digestive problems relieved from this surgery.
Take care and good luck to you!!
Unread 04-12-2002, 07:01 AM
fibroids and indigestion

Absolutely, I think there's a connection. I can't heardly eat anything w/o being in extreme pain. I have to eat bland foods, in very small portions to control it and sometimes even that doesn't work. I don't have my castle date yet, but I have 4 fibroids (2 lg), and a polyp. I'm waiting on biopsy reports to get my date. I tell ya, this surgery will be worth every bit, if it relieves the indigestion. Everyone talks about 'swelly belly'. I'm wondering if I'll even notice it, with all the bloating I already have...

Check out this thread that from a couple of yrs ago. I re-activated it just to see how the post-op ladies were now doing. Seems like the consensus is that the surgery does relieve the problem. Regardless of what the doc's say...

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=14685

I've also had problems with fatigue, can't get to sleep at night, then can't wake up in the morning. Course, with all this indigestion, I'm sure I'm not getting the kind of sleep Ineed either... Sure will be glad when this is all over...

Sherry
Unread 04-12-2002, 08:07 AM
fibroids and indigestion

I definitely think there is!

Since all of this started going on with me I have had indigestion bad, and to tell you the truth that is one of the things that I keep thinking, is that after surgery I won't have that problem anymore.

What happens is that your uterus when enlarged like it is pushes on your diaphragm and abdomen which causes the indigestion.

Cause I would have it really bad during PMS when I was all beloted etc, that is the only time really until everything else started happening and now I have it all the time.

Archide

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register