Waiting & Waiting for path results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting & Waiting for path results Waiting & Waiting for path results

Unread 04-12-2002, 10:48 PM
Waiting & Waiting for path results

Hi Ladies,
It seems like I am waiting way tooooo long for path results, had surg 3/25/02, called Dr office once and they said 15 days called again on 4/10 and they said all the paths came in and the dr will be reveiwing them and to call back in 2 days, will I did today and the girl said, yes my results came back but unfortunately the dr won't be in till Mon or Tues and to call back then sweetie, well the sweetie has me worried and if the results were ok wouldn't she have just given them to me. or is it strictly by the rule that the dr has to be the one to discuss this with you? I guess I am just venting, but as I have read on so many posts the waiting is the hard part! Do any of you think this is a rather long time to wait?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 12:51 AM

there is nothing worse than waiting for results to come back. I cant really comment on the length of time or on how Drs actually give out the results but it does seem along time . But ... usually if it is bad news the Dr will call immediately. Give the Drs office a call on Monday and demand that you speak to him about the results and explain that you are very anxious as it involves cancer. Take good care and lots of love always

You pamper yourself and rest lots .
Unread 04-13-2002, 01:37 AM

My DR's office told me that they "couldn't" give me results over the phone. My sister-in-law's DR said they "wouldn't". So I'm not sure if there is a law concerning this, but I DO know that the wait was the hardest part for me. I really wouldn't have cared if the JANITOR at my DR's office told my path results, just so long as someone told me.

I would call the office as soon as they open Monday and ask for the results. If they won't give you them on the phone ask for a meeting with your DR for that day. Be firm!

I'll keep you in my thought & prayers.
s
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 04:18 AM

Until they walk in our shoes..........

Remember that movie from about ten years ago, where a young doc was diagnosed with cancer. Boy, it sure changed his style of practice.

Each doctor's office operates differently. Don't read too much into the receptionist's lack of response. I agree. Your pathology reports are taking too long. Time to turn assertive into agressive. Show up in person if you must.

Let us know how it goes Oceanlady. Enjoy the spring weekend as best you can.

s and s karenann
Unread 04-13-2002, 05:07 AM
Thanks so much for input

I certainly will call and be assertive on Monday!!
Unread 04-13-2002, 05:48 AM

I waited about 10 days for the "official" results. But when I had my one week post- op check up, the doctor called the lab for me because I was so anxioius to at least find out if it was in the lymph nodes.
I agree with all the ladies, especially Karenann, show up if you need to.
Good Luck!
Valentina
Unread 04-13-2002, 08:34 AM
Hi Oceanlady

Sorry you have had to wait so long and have all this anxiety going on.
I would think, that yes, the doctor has to give the results. And I would also think that if anything was wrong they would have called sooner. Naturally this is just my humble opinion.
I hope you are managing to have a nice weekend anyway.
Let us know as soon as you hear something.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register