Five days post hysterectomy bowels������ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Five days post hysterectomy bowels������ Five days post hysterectomy bowels������

Unread 07-28-2014, 06:06 AM
Five days post hysterectomy bowels������

This making thing is really Kill n me I feel like I'm drink n the Hudson River but I feel so dry I made one n a half timed grrrrr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Re: Five days post hysterectomy bowels������

Get your fiber! Try a ducolax suppository! Drink Aloe vera juice, it is very gentle. Try all of those, oh and if you are not eating, well that can also be an issue. It is VERY important that you have a bm asap since impaction is not good for heeling.
Unread 07-28-2014, 02:38 PM

If you can handle it, try not taking your narcotics. Yes, they help stop the pain but they do only make the constipation worse. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2014, 03:15 PM

Do you have the urge to go? Like do you feel like you need to go? Are you having any bowel sounds, (passing gas, feeling that rumble in your belly etc). Are you eating a lot or very little? etc) Try taking some stool softeners when you eat, or if you really feel like you have to go and you aren't going, try some Miralax, which really does help! Put some more fiber in your diet too! The narcotics can cause constipation which is why I suggested the stool softeners, it's what I was told to use! I didn't have a "real" bowel movement until about 5/6 days after and it was okay! Good Luck!
Unread 07-28-2014, 04:30 PM

Prune juice and stool softeners helped me. It sounds like you're drinking plenty of water. That helps as well. If you can't face drinking the prune juice straight someone on the forums suggested making it into a smoothie. Maybe give that a try. Good luck.
Unread 07-28-2014, 04:36 PM

I'm six days post-op and here's what has worked for me, as prescribed by my gyn.

Take Colace as directed, 1 caplet 3x's daily.

Drink a combo of 50% prune juice and 50% orange juice (6-8 oz each), microwaved for one minute. She said you need to get it warm to "activate" it. It looks awful but does not taste bad at all.

Once I started drinking the juice I began to get rumbles in the colon. I am doing this 3 times daily. After the first day I began to get rumbles and feel some movement and finally had a BM, albeit not a tremendous amount, at the end of the second day. This has awakened my colon without much cramping or gas.

I had cystocele and rectocele repair with my TVH so I must be very careful with my BMs. The pain meds do slow things down and I'm extending the time between my doses but not allowing myself to get in pain.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to you!!!
Unread 07-28-2014, 05:39 PM

I am 3 days post-op. I have not had a BM in 4 days. I feel like I have to go but nothing comes out. I don't want to strain too much. I am drinking water and peeing regularly. I added fiber to my food today. I have been eating soft foods like watermelon, applesauce, and eggs. I didn't want to eat full meals until I had a BM so I don't back up to where I throw up. I would feel so much better if I can get regular BMs. On another note, I only woke up one time last night which was a big change from trying to sleep at the hospital.
Unread 07-28-2014, 05:43 PM

I am going to try to go without my narcotics to see if it will help me go to the bathroom easier. I think I can get through with the Tylenol.
Unread 07-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Re: Five days post hysterectomy bowels😧😧😧

removing narcotics will help, I also receive valium right now (I have back and leg problems too), that has been helping the bm situation. But here is the thing, be so careful with the tylenol. A friend recently lost her daughter from a tylenol od(poisoning), and it seemed like it wasn't even that much T. And whatever you do, do not then use alcohol to help the pain with the tylenol, please, that is the biggest no-no, serious liver damage can happen.
Unread 07-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Five days post hysterectomy bowels������

I have had my fourth bowel movement yaaaaa me go me go me!!!!!!! I kno I shouldn't be this happy but thank god for small miracles I find that the more that I go the better I feel I'm as tender as Loin but heck this is a small price to pay to bring back the quality of my life I walked to the store today which is about two and a half blocks frm the house n I took my time but it felt good to do something so simple...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register