BEST sisters on Weight Watchers? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BEST sisters on Weight Watchers? BEST sisters on Weight Watchers?

Unread 04-16-2002, 09:16 PM
Talking - BEST sisters on Weight Watchers? BEST sisters on Weight Watchers?

I was wondering who is on Weight Watchers, what you think of it and how long you've been going. I've been doing the program for a good 3 weeks. If I don't exercise, I don't seem to loose. Let me know. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 09:35 PM
Smile - BEST sisters on Weight Watchers? BEST sisters on Weight Watchers?

Sherl,
I did Weight Watchers years and years and years ago, when I was 18 yrs old. It worked, but that was 28 years and 200 pounds ago. I have been following Richard Simmons' program for 2 years. The same thing happens, when I stop exercising I stop losing. I have lost 83, so still 117 to go, but i am doing it. One of my biggest concerns about recovery time after surgery is how long it will be until I can exercise again. I have some workouts for physically disabled people that I will probably use, but I am concerned that it will be weeks and weeks after surgery before I can even use those.
Anyway, my point was that I also stop losing when i stop exercising. It makes sense, when i sit around and do nothing the calories do not get worked off, it all goes into fat storage for when I do get off my duff and exercise.

Cathy TAH/BSO/bladder repair date still undetermined
Unread 04-17-2002, 04:00 AM
BEST sisters on Weight Watchers?

Hi Sherl~~ I am doing WW also and so far have lost 19 lbs. I think that exercise is very important for any weight loss program. Exercise is one of my biggest hurdles, but I am getting better at that I think it only makes sense that exercsing burns off excess fat and cal. and equals a weight loss. Hang in There, You Can Do It!!!!

Take Care, Dawn

TAH/BSO 6-29-01

203/184/135 ~~ 19 lbs gone forever ~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 04:32 AM

Hi!
I'm doing WW for a second round, and started last night. The first time two years ago I lost 30 pounds, kept it off, plus lost 10 more on my own using WW system (kinda).
Since my last WW stint, I've got into the exercise habit. I learned the hard way that cutting calories alone is not good! The body adjusts to lower and lower caloric needs and eventually gets out of kilter.
I walk 3-4 times a week and have a few weights, a stability ball, and some pilates videos for the off days. This week though, I'm subbing lots of yard work and gardening.
Good luck with WW.
Susan
Unread 04-17-2002, 05:56 AM
WW

Susan,

I used WW 2 years ago (pre-hyst) to get the last of my baby weight off - I was 42 and about a year post baby. After the first week, the weight (I was 148 with a goal of 128) came off VERY SLOWLY. I went from 148 to 135 - and basically maintained that weight for the two years (through my mother's illness and death and my own cancer scare and hyst). I went back up to 138 just recently, and have just started again to get the last few pounds off.

When I say slow - I mean slow - I lost 5 the first week, and then only a 1/2 pound a week for what seemed like forever. On the plus side - I never felt starved and I learned good eating habits.

Hope you find what works for you

Dorrie
Unread 04-17-2002, 11:40 AM

Hi Dorrie,
My first time around I lost the 30lbs in 9(!!!) months. I'm such a
s-l-o-w loser. At least this time I won't expect to be one of the 3-month wonders!
My points range is 20-23...YIKES! That is gonna be a challenge!
Thanks for your good wishes, and mine to all.
Susan
Unread 04-17-2002, 04:48 PM
Thanks for all of your replys.

I know what I have to do. I feel like such a sluggard at times. Thanks for your support. You are the BEST !!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register