Spotting and cramping 12 days post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Spotting and cramping 12 days post hysterectomy Spotting and cramping 12 days post hysterectomy

Unread 08-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Spotting and cramping 12 days post hysterectomy

I am 12 days post op started Spotting and cramping 4 days ago. Spoke to doctors office yesterday,and they suggested propping legs up and staying off my feet for 24 hours. This has actually worked. Spotting barely there but still cramping some. Guess I'm confused about why started now when I've not had this issue before, and I really didn't feel like I was overdoing,just doing regular things.I've also noticed a dramatic difference in my belly swelling since laying here with my legs propped, i'd say 50% smaller. I was being encouraged by husband and mother n' law to not be to sedinatary.don't want to turn into couch potato, but don't overdue.So I feel guilty just laying here but this is the most comfortable I've been since coming home. I guess there is a fine line between sedentary and what is considered healthy movement. Now I'm worried ,I've read all the if you do to much and cause bleeding, organs can get stuck together and cause permanent adhesions and that I have already caused myself permanent injury? My husband says shouldn't talk about this everyday but it's all I can think about. I feel like they think I shouldn't be online researching about it that I am just borrowing trouble, being dramatic. I feel like I am trying to keep myself informed through others that have experienced similar problems to reduce my stress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Re: Spotting and cramping 12 days post hysterectomy

12 days is super early in the healing process! I had ups and downs those first several weeks-feeling great, then bam I got super tired, or had some hurting. PLEASE do not feel guilty about laying around. If your doctor told you to do that, then you need to listen and do what they say! When you say "doing regular things" then I'm thinking that you are supposed to be resting and taking it very very easy so those "regular things" probably aren't what you need to be doing right now! I remember one day, about I guess two weeks post op, I decided to wipe the counter tops-ouch! I felt fine when I did it but a little while later I definitely felt it. I guess that twisting motion, who knows!

So at this point in your recovery, I think healthy movement means walking slowly, very short distances (meaning maybe a circle around your living room!) a few times a day- as long as your doc has said it's ok to get back up again.
Hugs!
Unread 08-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Spotting and cramping 12 days post hysterectomy

[quote=bluebird;4441323]12 days is super early in the healing process! I had ups and downs those first several weeks-feeling great, then bam I got super tired, or had some hurting. PLEASE do not feel guilty about laying around. If your doctor told you to do that, then you need to listen and do what they say! When you say "doing regular things" then I'm thinking that you are supposed to be resting and taking it very very easy so those "regular things" probably aren't what you need to be doing right now! I remember one day, about I guess two weeks post op, I decided to wipe the counter tops-ouch! I felt fine when I did it but a little while later I definitely felt it. I guess that twisting motion, who knows!

So at this point in your recovery, I think healthy movement means walking slowly, very short distances (meaning maybe a circle around your living room!) a few times a day- as long as your doc has said it's ok to get back up again.
Hugs! [/QUOTE Bluebird, thank you so much for your reply yes I had decided doing laundry and dishes should be just fine and yes wiping down counters. My body didn't tell me No at the time, but later it let me know to soon for all that. Thank you fot letting me know your experience it helps me to know I'm not alone and not to feel bad because I didn't just bounce back from surgery after the 1 st week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register