Favorite Nurses | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Favorite Nurses Favorite Nurses

Unread 04-17-2002, 08:04 PM
Favorite Nurses.

I had a favorite nurse. My daughter is a nurse (lives 4 1/2 hours from me) and she took a week of vacation to come home to be my "private nurse". I'd say that's the best nursing care one could hope for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 11:19 PM
Favorite Nurses

My favorite nurse was an angel...she is my mother. I don't have a DH so my mother went to the hospital with me. As we were waiting for my surgery in the prep area, she sat with me the whole time.

She said, "I wouldn't mind coming to the hospital when I retire and bringing patience magazines and just to say hi". (If you knew my mom, you'd know she wouldn't be able to do this because she'd get attached to the patiences and God forbid if anything happened to them it would devastate her.)

Thinking this in my mind, the nurse walked in and said we're ready...as they wheeled me down the hall, my mom followed behind. We stopped, and the nurse turned to my mom and said "the waiting room is over there, the doctor will come out after surgery and let you know how it went".

As I turned around to say Bye Mom, I love you...I saw her eyes all teared up as she said "Bye, I love you too", then gave me a big hug and kiss on the cheek.

When I woke up...I was in my room...my mom had been standing there as quite as could be for at least an hour and a half. Her foot was swollen red, (as she thinks she's in the beginning stage of arthritis) but she didn't want to say anything to the nurses because she wasn't sure she could be in there with me and she didn't want to leave. So she just stood there leaning against the wall.

Finally, I started coming out of it more, and I heard a male nurse say would you like a chair ma'am. It was around 3:00, my surgery was at 10:45. I looked up and saw my mom at my bedside. They finally brought her a chair.

The male nurse told me later, "your mom was standing in your room over an hour and a half". He said he was so mad at the other nurses, no one offered her a chair or a glass of water. He brought my Mom a chair and showed her where the water was and said it was ok for her to be there. Then he gave her the controls to the TV and when she asked if there was a phone nearby, he said there should have been one in my room, so he went and got it. His name was Mike and I'm grateful to him for helping out my mom.

My mom is a true angel in everyway.

She's not only my mom, she is my BEST FRIEND. and. I LOVE HER SOO MUCH!!
Unread 04-18-2002, 03:01 AM
Favorite Nurses

Valleygirl, Mike your nurse would not happened to be from Kentucky was he? I have a freind who is a traveling nurse who is out there right now. That sounds like something he would do. I now it is far fetch but you never know. Also I am a Nurse , and there are good ones and not so good ones. The nursing profession is just like any other profession. You have ones that are better than others. We just automaticlly asume a nurse is suppose to be caring but that is not always the case. I tell you what though , my surgery experince has opened my eyes to a different side. I think it has made me a better nurse. At least I hope so.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register