WildPrairie needs your prayers! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

WildPrairie needs your prayers! WildPrairie needs your prayers!

Unread 04-19-2002, 08:30 AM
WildPrairie needs your prayers!

Hi Everyone,

I received this email this morning from the partner of a Hystersister that I've become friends with, "WildPraire". In fact we live less than 10 miles from each other. We've talked on the phone, but haven't met in person yet.

Hi Jean,
This is David, Sue's partner. She had her surgery on wednesday...2 surgeons..over 4 hours. Unfortunately, instead of the Endo they were fully expecting to find, they found ovarian cancer. We should get the path lab results back today, and then we'll know how to proceed. Sue's still pretty much in shock,,I'm really trying to distract her a bit and concentrate on getting her feet back under her from this surgery first of all.
She asked that I write to you so you can share it on Hystersisters..........I'll try to keep everyone informed.

David

I myself had just found out that I need open-heart surgery before going ahead with my own hyster, which was scheduled for next week, I posted about it on the Pre-Op board. Sue took the time to post to me before she headed to the castle Wed. morning. She's been a wonderful friend and needs our ers.

Thank you, and I'll pass along any more news I get. Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 09:36 AM

s Jean

What a dear friend you are to share your concern about a friend while you are in the midst of your own health crisis. You also will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Please let Sue know we are here waiting for her return to this forum. There are women on this forum who are surviving ovarian cancer and thriving in the process. We are ready to support, give hugs, and even offer some advice.
In the meantime, I am hoping for an easy recovery for her. I do recall her original post and all she has been through on the way to this diagnosis.
Sue sounded like a strong woman and I know she will rise to the challenge.

karenann
Unread 04-19-2002, 03:09 PM

Hi Jean, thanks so much for letting us know.

We are a very strong group of women here,who will be there for wildprairie ( sue ) whenever she needs us.

I will definately keep her in my prayers . Please let her know that she is being prayed for and thought of constantly. I will tuck her into my

I hope all goes well with you as well and Sue is indeed a lucky gal to have you as a friend. Sending you both love and hugs xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 02:30 AM
Hi Jean

I am sorry to read that you are having health problems too. It must seem like everything is crazy. Please let David or Sue know that there are many women she can turn to on this board.

I hope that you get on the road to recovery soon. RobinS
Unread 04-20-2002, 09:56 AM

to you both--and David too. I'm glad she's got a caring person to be with her.

We'll be thinking of her and you and have you in our prayers.
Unread 04-20-2002, 04:55 PM

My thoughts are with all of you. Be sure to have Sue contact us. There is so much information and support here.
Unread 04-20-2002, 05:56 PM
Hugs, Hearts and Kisses

Jean, thank you so much for sharing this post from David regarding WildPrairie. Please let them know that they are in my prayers as well as the other hystersisters, too.

Jean, what now with the heart surgery? Are they going to be able to do the hysterectomy at this time for you? This is quite a lot to have on one's plate, but God is still in the blessing business and He will see you through all of this. After all, He doesn't give us more than we can handle -- although we must wonder sometimes.

So, with that in mind, I am sending to each of you my love, s, my heart and lots of es for a speedy recovery.

God Bless You All !!

Paula
Unread 04-20-2002, 09:24 PM

{{Jean}}

Sending lots of warm thoughts and prayers to both of you. I'm so sorry to hear of both Sue's diagnosis and your own. That's alot to deal with and I thank you for letting us know about Sue.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing and we hope to hear from Sue when she is able.

I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 04-21-2002, 07:16 PM
I am sending my prayers

I am sad to hear the news. this goes out Hope you start feeling better. Its a rough way to find out. I could barely make it home after hearing the "c" word.

ers go to all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register