The weird downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process - random funny stories! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

The weird downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process - random funny stories! The weird downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process - random funny stories!

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 10-01-2014, 11:32 AM
The weird downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process - random funny stories!

So I think we need something goofy like this because we are all dealing with the gas pains, the pooping pains, the pains from the incision site, the scary thought of having sex again and if our parts are going to work right, the irritation of being home bound. The list goes on and on and these are things that are typical and people try to tell you about and prepare you for. But what are some of the things they didn't get you (or try to) prepared for?

Here is one of mine...We all know about the weight lifting limit but I never really understood what that truly meant, or god the full grasp of how badly that part sucks, until about 10 minutes ago. Why you may ask?
Because something large went running across my livingroom floor and under my way over 10 lbs couch. So now...there is something...under my couch and I can't find out what it is. It could be a horrible tarantula, or a mouse, or...somthing...and I can't find out. My husband says he will flip the couch when he gets home ( 8 hours from now. AAAHHH) to find out. So right now I am sitting across the room in a chair with my feet pulled up glaring at the couch and it's unapproved occupant. This restriction sucks.

So what is your random/funny stories that you were not prepared for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 10-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Re: The weird random downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process (meant to give smiles)

I love this. Mine was coming home with a catheter for three weeks. There were lots of pee bag jokes made by husband and I at the hospital.

My favorite though was visiting some coworkers and one was complaining about not wanting to teach her classes that night. I said "well I have a bag of pee strapped to my leg so I don't really feel too bad for you".
  #3  
Unread 10-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Re: The weird random downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process (meant to give smiles)

Ha ha, if I were you, I would have decided that now was a good time for a little outing and not go back home until my husband got it out! I went to cook dinner a few days after my surgery and realized that my Le Crueset pans way exceeded the lifting limit and were in the very bottom cupboard. Had to wait til my husband got home. I was feeling great and my dr gave me few restriction, heavy lifting, heavy exertion, swimming/bathing, sex. But one restriction was that I could not carry the laundry basket up or down the stairs. I don't even like to do laundry, and actually my husband does it more often than I do during normal times, but for some reason I was obsessed with doing the laundry by myself. My husband would have been happy to do it. I found myself bargaining with my dr at my 2 week post op to lift that restriction. She was adamant that she didn't want me to do it, and even I didn't know why I was being so insistent. She commented that I was probably feeling useless, and I think that she was right! So we compromised that I could put the laundry (not too heavy) in a bag and hold it with one hand so that the other was free to hold the handrail. I happily started doing the laundry, which I am now wishing was still restricted, ha ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 10-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Re: The weird random downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process (meant to give smiles)

I want to know why I never noticed before that I drop every single thing I touch!
I've been keeping a long reach grabber thing handy. Today i dropped that.
  #5  
Unread 10-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Re: The weird random downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process (meant to give smiles)

  Quote:
Originally Posted by natlay View Post
I love this. Mine was coming home with a catheter for three weeks. There were lots of pee bag jokes made by husband and I at the hospital.

My favorite though was visiting some coworkers and one was complaining about not wanting to teach her classes that night. I said "well I have a bag of pee strapped to my leg so I don't really feel too bad for you".
Rofl! That is awesome! I love that you were able to joke around about that! Laughter and happiness defiantly makes the body heal faster or so they say.
  #6  
Unread 10-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Re: The weird random downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process (meant to give smiles)

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyroyal Tea View Post
I want to know why I never noticed before that I drop every single thing I touch!
I've been keeping a long reach grabber thing handy. Today i dropped that.
smh/ I am so with you on that one! My family is getting very tired of me looking longingly at an item that I just drop and go...someone...please...get that.

I swear hospitals should give out those grabby things as a gift with each hysterectomy. They make enough money for it! lol
  #7  
Unread 10-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Re: The weird random downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process (meant to give smiles)

  Quote:
Originally Posted by coughy16 View Post
Ha ha, if I were you, I would have decided that now was a good time for a little outing and not go back home until my husband got it out! I went to cook dinner a few days after my surgery and realized that my Le Crueset pans way exceeded the lifting limit and were in the very bottom cupboard. Had to wait til my husband got home. I was feeling great and my dr gave me few restriction, heavy lifting, heavy exertion, swimming/bathing, sex. But one restriction was that I could not carry the laundry basket up or down the stairs. I don't even like to do laundry, and actually my husband does it more often than I do during normal times, but for some reason I was obsessed with doing the laundry by myself. My husband would have been happy to do it. I found myself bargaining with my dr at my 2 week post op to lift that restriction. She was adamant that she didn't want me to do it, and even I didn't know why I was being so insistent. She commented that I was probably feeling useless, and I think that she was right! So we compromised that I could put the laundry (not too heavy) in a bag and hold it with one hand so that the other was free to hold the handrail. I happily started doing the laundry, which I am now wishing was still restricted, ha ha
Lol I would so go out if I could but I am still on pain pills (i swear its the gas pains...they are more painful than the incision. if I could get that under control I would be off the pills ugh) So I cannot be cleared to drive. Even without the pills though my doctor said he won't clear me to drive till 2 weeks. SO I am home bound. Im about to go stir crazy like no ones business.

lol yeah feeling useless is a killer. I was looking forward to have everyone wait on me hand and foot for the first few days, not having to go grocery shopping every 5 seconds. Now I so wish I could run errands or..like you said, do the laundry rofl
  #8  
Unread 10-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Re: The weird random downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process (meant to give smiles)

  Quote:
Originally Posted by NavisiaKatu View Post
Lol I would so go out if I could but I am still on pain pills (i swear its the gas pains...they are more painful than the incision. if I could get that under control I would be off the pills ugh) So I cannot be cleared to drive. Even without the pills though my doctor said he won't clear me to drive till 2 weeks. SO I am home bound. Im about to go stir crazy like no ones business.

lol yeah feeling useless is a killer. I was looking forward to have everyone wait on me hand and foot for the first few days, not having to go grocery shopping every 5 seconds. Now I so wish I could run errands or..like you said, do the laundry rofl
I was lucky not to have to deal with gas pains, I am wondering if the bowel prep helped with that? Before my surgery, everyone told me that they would be the worst part and that I should walk around as much as possible, but I only had some very slight ones, luckily!
  #9  
Unread 10-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Re: The weird random downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process (meant to give smiles)

  Quote:
Originally Posted by coughy16 View Post
I was lucky not to have to deal with gas pains, I am wondering if the bowel prep helped with that? Before my surgery, everyone told me that they would be the worst part and that I should walk around as much as possible, but I only had some very slight ones, luckily!
Hm possibly! I didn't do a bowel prep. Wonder how it would have been if I had? They should invent a tummy sucker...Might not be the most comfortable thing at first but imagine the lack of gas lol
  #10  
Unread 10-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Re: The weird random downfalls to having a hysterectomy/healing process (meant to give smiles)

Btw, did you ever find out what was under the couch? ��
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
5 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
1 Reply, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
1 Reply, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
1 Reply, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
5 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
1 Reply, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
15 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
7 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
6 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
10 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
2 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
1 Reply, Separate Surgeries
6 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
6 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

September 30,2020

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  



Advertisement


Advertisement