I am not a lady, and I am certainly not a princess! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am not a lady, and I am certainly not a princess! I am not a lady, and I am certainly not a princess!

Unread 09-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Re: I am not a lady, and I am certainly not a princess!

I'm not a lesbian, or bi-sexual... But I'm not very girlie either. I don't know how to do hair or make-up. I don't wear skirts or dresses unless I'm forced too. I live in my jeans and shirts.

I won't feel like a princess, I don't relish the thought of wearing nice lingerie afterwards. I'm mostly just scared and a little excited to get my health back. I can't wait to get on the road to recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2015, 12:27 PM

Same here. I am a lesbian and I'm only 'princessy" in the most Xena-like manner. (Okay, that's a slight exaggeration... more like a Bookworm Butch.)

I agree that there have to be plenty of us on here.

Maybe we need a lesbian specific Q&A article in the archives. That could be useful.
Unread 11-29-2015, 02:54 PM

I have never been a real feminine female either. I don't think sexual orientation matters when it comes to hysterectomy recovery. We're all women, and we will have or have had the same procedure. If you want to see yourself as a warrior princess, Cinderella, or no princess at all, it doesn't matter. What matters is that there is a lot of great info on this site. Ignore what doesn't help you - being called a princess- and focus on the good info and support. Take away what you need and leave the rest behind. If you want to know the reason for the terms like princess, it comes from years and years ago before this site existed in this form. (((Kathy))) the founder of the site used to tell hysterectomy stories in an AOL chat room to other women to help them understand what was going on. It stuck. Those who have just had a hysterectomy are called princesses because they are supposed to be cared for and relax like a fairy tale princess would. Don't use the term if you don't like it. All women are welcome here and we don't separate because of our differences. We come together because of the things that make us similar in order to support each other through this ordeal. The more we separate the more support and information we lose. Also where could we separate? Somewhere on the sexuality spectrum? By religious belief? Age? National origin? Occupation? Do you see where I'm going? The more we can all share the better. We can't tailor the site to everyone, so we try to make it as inclusive as possible. If you don't like --> then don't use it. Use ---> Just realize that if someone refers to you as a she is likely trying to be helpful and doesn't know you don't see yourself that way. Just take the well wishes or advice and forget about the Just be who you are and we will accept you, respect you, and provide you with all the support we can. And we often send Most people like those.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register