just curious | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-15-2014, 04:54 PM
just curious

Ok just for fun, or maybe cuz I'm weird, how many of you still have your hospital bracelets on that had surgery recently? I had mine a week ago and I still have all three on. The one is white and has my name age, d.o.b, and dr's name on it. The other is my blood type one which is a pinkish red color has my name, d.o.b on it. The othe one is gree and has nothing on it. They put it on me in pre op not sure what it is for. My hubby asked me if I wanted him to cut them off and I said no, they don't bother me. It is just like after a dirt bike race I will leave my bracelet showing that I paid on for like a week or so. Am I weird???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Re: just curious

LOLLL!!! I don't think you're weird. Like you said, they weren't bothering you! And, you of course have other things on your mind! I didn't take mine off right away, but It did come off the evening I came home.
Unread 10-15-2014, 05:02 PM

I took mine off as soon as I got home. I had one with my info and a bar code that they scanned every time they did something to me. Then I had a bright yellow one that said FALL RISK in huge letters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2014, 05:14 PM

My surgery wasn't recent but thought to reply...
I would have kept mine on for a while but they cut it off before discharging me.
I almost cried since i wanted to keep it and was very emotional then but yeah they didn't let me keep it.....
Unread 10-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff33 View Post
My surgery wasn't recent but thought to reply...
I would have kept mine on for a while but they cut it off before discharging me.
I almost cried since i wanted to keep it and was very emotional then but yeah they didn't let me keep it.....
Aww, yea they didn't attempt to take any of mine off. The one I have does have a bar code on it that they would scan when they gave me meds I guess to keep track. And they scanned it when they refilled my motrin pump
Unread 10-15-2014, 05:21 PM

I took mine off the second I got home. I hated them.
Unread 10-15-2014, 05:27 PM

I took mine off as soon as I got home.
Unread 10-15-2014, 07:06 PM

I took mine off when I got home
Unread 10-15-2014, 07:17 PM

I took mine off as I was walking out of the hospital and dropped them in the trash can right then. I had two, one was because I received a blood transfusion during surgery.

Oh, and mine were so loose that I slipped them off several times during my stay. They bugged me.
Unread 10-16-2014, 06:44 AM

I kept mine for a few days post op, just in case I passed out when going to grab a coffee or if I had to call emergency, I thought it would give people a clue!
I was alone...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register