2 days to go | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-21-2002, 02:48 PM
2 days to go

Well, the 4/23'ers only have 2 more days to go. Im holding up ok, so far I think. Got some bad nerves still, and have lost 13 lbs since Friday the 12th. Doesn't seem like very long ago when I have gotten my date and was in the chat room here complaining that I had to wait so long to get here, now here I am! It's right around the corner.

I hope everyone else is doing wonderful! We are almost there... soon we will be wearing our crowns!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2002, 02:52 PM
Hi Amy

Best of luck to you on Tuesday. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and everyone else who has their surgery this week. Mine is scheduled for Friday so I just have to get through this week.
Unread 04-21-2002, 04:40 PM
2 days to go

Good luck to both of you! I've got a week and a half to go and the nerves have set in but we'll all be alot better in a couple of weeks. Hang in there! I'll keep you in my prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2002, 05:03 PM
2 days to go

My TAH is scheduled for April 23 also, and I have mixed feelings on one hand I am ready to have this done and over with and on the other am having second, third and fourth thoughts about canceling all together. As they say the waiting is the hardest but I know we will come out okay. Best of luck to you.
Unread 04-21-2002, 10:02 PM
2 days to go

Best of Luck to you.
I am scheduled for a TAH on 4/29 and don't know how I am going to make it through the week. My husband was layed off of his job as a systems analyst on Friday and I just got results of an MRI on Thursday. I have a herniated disk!
This week, I have an appt with a neurologist on Tues and my Pre-op on Wednesday.
So many things going on that I wonder if I should consider changing my H date.
Does anyone have any suggestions about recovering from TAH surgery with a herniated disk?
Unread 04-21-2002, 10:56 PM
2 days to go

Amy S

I wish you luck ! I am sure you will do fine ! I will keep you in my prayer on the 23. My date is only 10 days away so I soon be in your shoes. God Bless you.
Unread 04-21-2002, 11:10 PM
2 days to go

Amy, Amy, Amy,

I'll miss you on this side. Make sure you come back and fill us all in...I guess that is alright to do. If not, I'll check on the other side just in case. I'm so proud that you hung on...and now it's almost over for you. Best of luck to you.

Ritaboo...
Please call your GYN first thing. I know about a herniated disc and you're going to need time or repair. Let us know what your doctor says.

Good luck to you sisters,

Maralyn
Unread 04-21-2002, 11:31 PM
2 days to go

Good Luck to all of you! Thank goodness, I'm on the other side now. Four weeks post op. I know what I was thinking when I was pre-op. It was so hard for me to understand what people meant when they would say, "try not to worry, it's not as bad as you think it is", but that's exactly the advice I'm going to give. I know with me, I had so many things to get straight and take care of prior to surgery that it nearly drove me nuts. I was so anxious. When you start to get too overwhelmed, just take a deep breath and release it slowly. I know its not much, but it always helps me. Anyway.....

TAKE CARE AND
Unread 04-22-2002, 12:26 AM
hey Amy its me

another one of your 4/23 buddies. Well in less than 36 hours we should all be in the hospital and sleepin peacefully. I for one cant wait til its next week this time and we can honestly say waiting was the hardest part.

God bless you all ladies

Cindy

scared, nervous and glad its finally here as I am sick of being this way.....
Unread 04-22-2002, 04:29 AM
2 days to go

Amy!! One more day for you to wait!! It will be okay girlie, really, the waiting is the hardest part!

Please let us know when you are home after you are rested for a few days or a week, whenever you feel up to it, take your time getting back here!

Sara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register