Good Husband | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Good Husband

Hello sisters! I want to brag on my hubby just a little. Sorry to all sisters out there with hubbies that are not supportive my heart turely goes out to you. I did want to give kudous to all the husbands who were loving and supportive. My hubby was caring, he treated me like a broken goddess(lol). Money, time and chores were no match for him, he did it without complaint. Yes, I did let him know how much he was appreciated. I would love to hear more stories about good husbands I know they are out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Re: Good Husand

My hubby had his moments, but after my 3rd surgery this year he finally got it!! He didnt always do the dishes and the laundry, but when i just needed held and to hear i love you he was right on!! I have also gotten better at communicating my needs clearly and directly without anger or tears, and i do sometimes wonder if some of the unsupportive appearing hubbies are simply lost and stumbling about how to help. He has been helping me with landscaping projects for our home that mean a lot to me, but havent been his priority as of yet.That has really meant a lot!! My story is not over quite yet, and he is already encouraging me to the next step, whatever it turns out to be.
Unread 10-18-2014, 08:05 PM

My husband has always been great in general. He has always done at least half the work in the house as we both have worked full time for most of our marriage. He is however, not great at hospitals. He goes to visit people, etc, but I know how hard it is for him. So I let him off the hook, told him to go home once I got to my room as I would probably feel awful and not want anyone around. But I woke up feeling great, and really didn't want him to go home for fear of dying of boredom. He figured that out without my saying anything and stayed for several hours before I sent him home to take a nap. He came back later with an entire case of diet caffeine coke for me and stayed a few more hours. When he left for the night, he said he would be back at 10 so that he would be there whenever they discharged me. I. called in the morning and left him a message that they were moving slowly and I didn't know what time I would get out, and not yo bother coming until I called. He showed up at 10 anyway. Once I got home he was rushing around trying to do everything for me, and scolded me when I tried to do anything, even the things I wanted to do and could do. I had to stop him from trying to wait on me hand and foot, because I wanted, needed to do things for myself, but I so appreciated everything that he did and wanted to do to help, and how much he worried!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2014, 08:28 PM

My husband was by my side all 3 days and calling and texting when he wasn't just there in the hospital sitting. He did all housework and dinners and I even have a picture of him hanging out laundry! I am a very lucky girl. I am disheartened by those men who are non responsive.
Unread 10-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Re: Good Husband

Yes, great husbands should be celebrated! My husband was the best! From day one he has been there doting over me. Even now, after my doctor has given me the okay on most activities, he'll still ask me to take it easy if he thinks I'm overdoing it. 25+ years later and he hasn't changed(love that about him). I must say that our oldest son stepped up to the plate as well! I am blessed to have an awesome support team from my family to my church family! I'm sure it has attributed to my speedy recovery! I am truly grateful for each of them and I'm careful not to take them for granted!
Unread 10-18-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrhodes View Post
I even have a picture of him hanging out laundry! I am a very lucky girl.
That is so cute! lol
I have to give my hubby all the credit in the world. He came to see me each and every day that I was in the hospital (I was in there for 4 days & 4 nights) and gave me the best of care once I got home until I was strong enough to start cooking and doing dishes myself once again. That took several weeks. What touches me the most is that he had a heart attack in April. We are both feeling much better at this point. My advice, just take each day as it comes.

Unread 10-18-2014, 10:25 PM

Add my husband to the great husband list he has been doing all the housework and waiting on me. I have to remind him that there are some things I can still do. He asks what I need and what he can do. He also makes me laugh (which wasn't really such a good thing the first few days lol).

I know he didn't sleep well the night I was in the hospital as he was worried.

He's a keeper for sure!
Unread 10-19-2014, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstar View Post
Hello sisters! I want to brag on my hubby just a little. Sorry to all sisters out there with hubbies that are not supportive my heart turely goes out to you. I did want to give kudous to all the husbands who were loving and supportive. My hubby was caring, he treated me like a broken goddess(lol). Money, time and chores were no match for him, he did it without complaint. Yes, I did let him know how much he was appreciated. I would love to hear more stories about good husbands I know they are out there.
Frogstar!

I read your email with delight. Obviously, your husband can be given a five star rating. May I suggest that all Sisters who have one who has fallen short of this standard print your missive and leave it on their fridge secured with a suitably inspirational magnet!

For my part, I want to order one of these off Amazon but, since the model is non-standardised, I cannot go off the previously posted reviews.
Unread 10-20-2014, 09:53 AM

Add my husband to the list of awesome ones!! He has been my rock since I found out I needed a hysterectomy. I was so scared something would go wrong and just held me and listened to my fears. Day of surgery he was by my side until I was wheeled away. When I came out of recovery he was right there waiting for me. The day of surgery I was in and out of sleep due to all the pain killers I was on, he never left me though. He fed me ice chips and got me sips of water when I needed it. He stayed the night in the hospital with me and slept on an uncomfortable pull out chair. Once the catheter was removed and I could get up he helped me move around. He took the first week off and did everything for me, kept track of when I took pain pills and when I could take more, helped me up when I needed to, got me food and drinks when I needed it. He did everything. I couldn't have gone through all of this without him. Between him and our kids they did all the cooking and cleaning for 6 weeks so I could rest. I am truly blessed. Even now at 11 weeks post op when I have twinges of pain or I just need to vent because I'm more tired or emotional he's right there for me.
Unread 10-20-2014, 09:59 AM

I am sooooo happy to see how many wonderful husbands are out there. Thanks for sharing your wonderful stories. I'm thrilled to hear about all the great hubbies out there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register