Tomorrow Tomorrow I Love You Tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow Tomorrow I Love You Tomorrow Tomorrow Tomorrow I Love You Tomorrow

Unread 04-22-2002, 04:49 AM
Tomorrow Tomorrow I Love You Tomorrow

tomorrow at this time it will all be underway... my operation is scheduled for 7:30... Right now I am sipping some very week black tea (yes, I did check it is on my clear liquids list)... I only want it because its warm and may settle my stomach a little... Its all tied up in knots.... my husband keeps saying kara, this operation is a good thing... I told him yes, but good things can be scarey... He has never ever been in a hospital.... heck, he's never been to a doctor in 25 years except for insurance physicals... he hardly ever even gets a cold..... geeze
anyway I am almost all packed... read through some posts on what to take and forgot about a brush and some ear plugs.
going to call the doc today... originally I thought I'd be on my 3rd day of my period but I'm on my 5th.. tomorrow will be the 6 and is usually a lite day so I'll find out if he thinks I should douche... he did want me to if I had no period but because of the period... he said to skip it...
I know I am rambling on and on... its been a tough weekend... things are going to be much better... gotta be...
okay.. off to drink some warm tea and at 9 or so I'll begin my go lytely...YUM YUM cherry
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2002, 05:38 AM
[COLOR=darkblue]I'm envious[/COLOR]

Kara,

I'm glad to hear you have a positive attitude about going in. I have nearly five weeks to wait and am going through the same thing. Yes, I want the results of the surgery, but I am scared out of my mind!

It is somewhat comforting to have hysterectomy veterans tell me there's nothing to be afraid of. I'm still scared, but it's comforting that they don't have any long-lasting fears.

I'll be praying for you tomorrow while you are in surgery and we'll be looking for your post-op message when you are up to it.

Nancy
Unread 04-22-2002, 06:01 AM
Kara

my pal my buddy my cardinal sighting friend.....lol~!

tomorrow we will both be at the castle and hopefully I will not run out the door screaming .....NO NO ......I am very nervous and cry doing things like vacuuming....like I am gonna miss that...lol!!!

Glad the day is finally here. But still not sure I will get up and go tomorrow ;0

Paul will take me if he has to hit me over the head.

God Bless Girl and I will talk to you via email as soon as I am able to sit up that long.

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2002, 06:57 AM
Tomorrow Tomorrow I Love You Tomorrow

Kara and Cindy - **you'll do great!!**

Teddy - you'll make it, too - you'll do great!

Let me tell you it is *wonderful* to be on the post-op side of this surgery - I'm three weeks and three days post-op with an LAVH/LSO - and my life is *so much better* now. I am thankful to God every day that I am no longer bleeding. Please be encouraged - your quality of life will be better.

**Please** remember to rest a lot, drink a lot and walk a little every day while you're recovering. I have been eating 4 "bite sized" prunes with a buttered bagel and a hot cup of tea every morning for breakfast and it works for me, ladies! (I'd rather have prunes than prune juice!)

Keep off your feet as much as you can (except for your little walks and trips to the bathroom) and don't overdo, even though at some point you're going to feel great. I speak from experience. Let your husband and others help you, even if you think you can do a simple task by yourself, and if you're told you should go sit down and rest, please do it.

Come back to see us when you feel up to it. Sending hugs and prayers to you all for successful, uneventful surgeries and restful, complete recoveries --

~Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register