STILL WAITING on biopsy results. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

STILL WAITING on biopsy results. STILL WAITING on biopsy results.

Unread 04-22-2002, 11:41 AM
STILL WAITING on biopsy results.

Well, I got tired of waiting on the oncologist to call, so I went ahead and called his office myself. He still hasn't talked to my gyn yet, but I went ahead and set up an appt. for 2:45 this afternoon (roughly an hr). Am hoping the gyn will get the paperwork over in time..

Thanks for the replies... Talk to you gals later this aft..

Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2002, 06:39 PM

Amy, did you get you results? I hope all was well.. Here's a message I cross posted in cancer concerns...

Ok, we just got back from the oncologist a while ago.. I can't say I'm thrilled with this guy, but he's on the fast path and I like that. My gyn also wants to assist, so I'm going to talk to her about him and maybe as soon as the surgery is over, I can be returned to her care.

Anyway, here's what the Path reports say, for both endocervix and exocervix:

Poorly differentiated squamous cell carcinoma.

Any gals out there with this dx? They thought they were doing a biopsy on a uterine polyp, but it turns out to be a tumor the size of the end of thumb on my cervix. The Dr said that it's an agressive cancer, but the tumor is small and he thinks it's stage 1. He wants to do a radical hyst including lymph nodes and ovaries. Is this normal? When I asked if the normal recovery for this was longer than an abdom., he said no, I release my patients to go back to work in 4 weeks! I said, Well my job gives me 6 wks, no questions asked. He then said, I won't argue about it, if you want to milk it for 6 wks, just make sure and tell my nurses when they do the paperwork. He was so arrogant and insensitive. I also mentioned HS, and he cut me off and said is this some radical feminist anit-Dr site? The nerve! The more I write, the more I'm wondering why I'm even considering going back. I guess cause I don't want anymore delay. The wait so far has been excurciating! Like I said, maybe my gyn can oversee my recovery once it's over. Please, any info will be appreciated. Dx, personal exp., whatever. I'm felling like I've been beat up pretty good...

Thanks for the help,
Sherry
Unread 04-23-2002, 03:38 AM

Hi Sherry,

I have just read your posts and I really feel for you. I have just got back from my Lupron shot in prep. for hyst. and the nurse turned to me and said, 'the things that we have to go through for being a woman, but we are strong and we will hang on'. This is a great site and lots of people has responded to my posts and they do make me feel so much better, and although I can't do much to help you, I just want to say that you are not alone going through this and just to take one thing at a time, and one day at a time. About doctors, well not all of them are nice or try to be nice, most of the time I find that they are very rushed for time, rude, insensitive and all that, but in this case, I would say go with the dr. that acts fast and knows what he is doing. All you want from him is to heal you and make you healthy again. My opinion is that if you are confident of his skills as a surgeon, then go on with him, but if you are in doubt about his skills, then get a 2nd opinion. About tests, well waiting is the worst. I have been through one test after another and waited and waited for the results, and waited for the dr. 's appointment so that he can tell me the results because the radiologists and everyone else 'cannot disclose information' etc etc... Wish you all the best.... hongwah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2002, 05:45 AM

Sherry,
I still haven't gotten any results. I decided to REFRAIN from calling yesterday, but I think I'll call this morning...........
I can't believe how insensitive the onocologist was........do you have any references on this guy yet? Is he a well-known doctor in the area??? If your gyn. referred you to him them I'm sure he's very good at what he does or she wouldn't have referred you to him. I think you have the right idea about seeing if your gyn. can care for you after your surgery.
When do you go back???

{{{{{{{Sherry}}}}}}}

Amy
Unread 04-23-2002, 01:21 PM

Sherry,
Anything new today???

Amy
Unread 04-23-2002, 02:34 PM

Yeah alot going on, making decisions by the minute, praying they're the right ones.

Hyst is scheduled for May 1st, one more week. The first date they gave me was May 7th, and I got almost hysterical. The PA got on the phone and explained that if I would go to another hospital they could get me in quicker. I said you bet! But that also prevents my gyn from assisting... : (

My gyn did call and she made me feel alot better. She said not to worry, that I still belong to her - is she sweet or what - and that she would see me in parrallel with him after the surgery and would co-manage my recovery. She also gave me something so I can sleep at night - ambein, but warned about giving me anything to numb me. She said this is a process I need to go thru, that the week will be gone quicker than I knew, and I needed to be feeling what I'm feeling now. Now that I understand. She validated what I was feeling and not only said it was ok, but that I 'needed' to feel this way. Instead the oncologist made me feel like I was just being a wimp and to get over it... What a difference a few words can make.

Also, I've got a CT scan set up for Thurs. and I have to go get some prep kit from them tomorrow for it. Anyone have any idea what to expect here? I'm dreading another test and waiting for more results... Any idea of what to expect or what else they could find would be appreciated.

What about you Amy?? Did you ever make/get that call?
Unread 04-23-2002, 02:42 PM

Sherry,
Well I'm glad you have a date now. Sorry you have to have yet another test, but, hey.......it might be the last one before your surgery!!!!
I did call the gyn. office today. The nurse that returned my call said they STILL don't have any results for me, but "these types of tests" often take longer than the 5-7 days I was told.
Geezzzzzzzzzz..............
Keep me posted as you can.
You're on the road to feeling better already!!

Amy
Unread 04-26-2002, 08:59 AM

Hey Amy! Did those results ever come in?? I hope they were good. We're going out of town for the weekend. Figure it'll help time go by quicker and Wed will be here before I know it..

Please let us know how you're doing..

Sherry
Unread 04-26-2002, 10:36 AM

Sherry,
I just this instant got off the phone with my results. The biopsy AND pap came back good.......I am still trying to get in for my pre-op appt. The receptionist said my doctor is going to be out of town and May 13th is the first available appt. Errrrrrrr.............more waiting.................anyway, she transferred me to my doctor's voice mail to see if he had any suggestions to get me in any quicker...........
Have a WONDERFUL weekend and try to relax a little. I know it's hard, but Wednesday WILL be here before you know it.

Amy
Unread 04-26-2002, 11:15 AM

That's wondeful news... Now try to relax (right!), you'll have a date before you know it and we'll both be princesses..

Hope to chat w/you during some of our recovery time..

Sherry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register