Ovarian Cysts and Chronic Back Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovarian Cysts and Chronic Back Pain Ovarian Cysts and Chronic Back Pain

Unread 04-22-2002, 04:07 PM
Ovarian Cysts and Chronic Back Pain

I am one year post-op and I go back tomorrow for more surgery. Since my partial LAVH last March I have had chronic back pain. After going to my GYN several times with the complaint, he essentially washed his hands of me and told me it must be some other problem. I went to a GI doc and went many times to a General Practicioner to no avail. I was put on almost every drug known to man and got no relief. Finally the GP ordered a CAT scan and found an ovarian cyst the size of a golf ball on my left ovary.

I go in tomorrow morning to have my left ovary and tube removed as well as any adhesions that may be causing problems. I told him to take a long, hard look at my right ovary too. I'm only 34, so I don't want to be on HRT for the next 20 years, but I don't want to be in pain for the next 30 years either.

I sure hope this does the trick. I'm tired of being in pain all the time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2002, 07:23 PM
know the pain you are going through....

Good Luck tomorrow!! I have suffered from ovarian cysts since 1994....and know the pain they cause from front to back! I also have fluid trapped in my tubes, and severe adhesions. I go in for a TAH/BSO on April 29th and can hardly wait. I sometimes wonder what its going to feel like to not be in constant pain! You'll be in my prayers, and i hope the pain goes away for you. I am also only 34, and at times feel like maybe i'm not doing the right thing, but i'm sick of living in pain!

I am fortunate to have a wonderful DR that has been with me since i was 16. I've had 2 laps done, 2 c sections, a d&c, and have tried pills and everything else. I'm glad you found the cause and continued your search till you found a dr. that would help you.

Once again.....good luck!
Unread 04-22-2002, 08:33 PM

My heart goes out to you for another surg, and I too sometimes think my past dr's have ignored my complaints. I am only 37 and having a TAH/BSO on the 30th. I am going on HRT too at a fairly young age. Scary, but I too, want out of pain.

My thoughts go with you. This is why I opted to have ovaries/tubes taken as well. For fear I would have to go back and do more later.

And Missy, I too have had problems I believe to be with cyst, but since DR could not find by pelvic, he always said I did not have any. But my pain now is lower ab running around toward my back, nonstop, like a stitch that won't let up. I know he will find some when he does my surg on the 30th. I too have had 3 c'secs, 2 d&c's, and hormones to no avail. I am ready for a clean out and to start HRT and to be balanced and feel better.

kaymac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2002, 12:27 PM

My surgery is over and for the first time in over a year my back doesn't hurt!! It turns out that I had adhesions on my bowel in 3 different places, my appendix had adhesions and I had cysts in both my right and left tubes. They took my left ovary and both tubes and left my right ovary, so no HRT for me.

Though I have normal post-op sholder pain from the gas and my abdomen is sore, I have no back pain and that is a wonderful feeling. It just makes me mad that I suffered for so long with something that could have been easily corrected.

My prayers go out to kaymac and missy! Based on my experience, I think you'll finally get some pain relief. It certainly worked for me! Let me know how things work out for you!
Unread 04-24-2002, 12:59 PM

I had a hyst because I had extrememly painful Polycystic ovaries. I just turned 32 and was worried about the HRT but I am loving it so far. Yes, I said LOVING it. I have no more pain from the cysts and enlarged ovaries and my hormones are evened out. I feel incredibly balanced emotionally, hormonally, and physically. If I only knew I would feel this fantastic I would have had the sugery alot sooner than I did.

I hope you feel well soon!

JoAnn
TAH/BSO

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register