Good HRT books? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good HRT books? Good HRT books?

Unread 04-22-2002, 05:30 PM
Good HRT books?

I'm on Cenestin (4 weeks) right now, but would like to really look into which HRT would be the best for me. I've read that bio-identical hormones are better than synthetic? I just want to be well informed so that I don't regret it later down the road. I'm only 38 so I will be on these for a few years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2002, 05:12 AM
Good HRT books?

Try these:
'What's Your Menopause Type?' by Dr. Joseph Collins
'Natural Hormone Balance for Women' by Dr. Uzzi Reiss
'Natural Hormone Replacement' by Dr. Jonathon Wright
and the series of 'What Your Doctor May Noy tell You About...' books by Dr. John Lee. Even his breast cancer book has a lot of hormone info.
Good luck in your search for answers!
Susan
Unread 04-23-2002, 05:28 AM
Good HRT books?

Here are a couple websites:
To read about Dr. Collins views and take a free survey that tells you by symptoms how balanced you may or may not be: www.yourmenopausetype.com
To read about Dr. John Lee and his view on the health benefits of progesterone: www.johnleemd.com

Becky in OHIO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2002, 06:07 AM
Good HRT books?

I HAVE PURCHASED ABOUT 5 BOOKS AN MOST OF THEM TALK ABOUT NATURAL MENOPAUSE..I HAVE FOUND ONLY ONE THAT TALKS ABOUT SURGICAL MENOPAUSE CALLED SUDDEN MENOPAUSE BY DEBBIE DEANGELO..TAKE CARE AND GOOD LUCK
MRS DUKES...TINA
Unread 04-23-2002, 06:37 PM
Good HRT books?

Here is an excellent web site devoted to hormone replacement issues for those of us in surgical menopause.
http://www.geocities.com/NoLinks/def.htm

I have also found Dr. Susan Love's "The Hormone Book" to be extremely thorough and well done. She provides alot of information for those women who cannot or will not take hormones as well.

Unread 04-24-2002, 09:32 AM
Good HRT books?

I took the what's your menopause type test last night. My responses were based mostly on my pre-surgery symptoms (cause most of them are gonenow)

I was a type 5. It said I was at risk for Endometrial Cancer and Vulva disorders. Now they tell me.

Hopefully the book has and will assist women in making healthy changes in their lives and hormones early on.

Unread 04-24-2002, 04:06 PM
books

I read one great book- The HRT Solution by Ahlgrimm and Kells. I just started another one Women, Weight and Hormones by Vliet (or close). It is $25, but $17.95 on Amazon. Both really hit the nail on the head. Ann...:Jane:
Unread 04-28-2002, 08:10 AM
Good HRT books?

i just heard of a book last night on tv and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. "the hormone solution" by
elike(?) swartz. she was talking about hormone balance for menwomen and teenagers, natural compounded hormnones and alot of other good stuff. i am checking it out and wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register