Last Period | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Last Period

Ok.. I know this is totally silly.. but I just started my very last period. I should be doing flips (if I wasn't in so much pain) but I am depressed.. of course.. it is probably just typical hormones.. but I just really thought that I would be so happy to have my last one.

Also... this waiting thing.. it is getting really annoying. At first, I told myself I needed a month to get myself prepared, my team at work ready to do my stuff, the house ready, etc etc... now I realized I should have just planned it for the next day because I am going nuts... 3 weeks and 2 days just seems so far away right now.

I am such a PMS case...

ugh.. Kyia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2002, 06:54 PM
Let me know when finished!!!

Hi Kiwi,

I have one more period to go before my TAH. I have learned as a Military Brat, that when I moved from a certain place that I have lived in for a few years, I have a tendency to feel down and out. Even if I didn't like the place at all. I felt that way a couple of times. The answer I got was, you can't live somewhere for a long time and just leave it that easily. As bad as our periods have been, it is a part of us. I don't know how long you have had periods. I was 11 years old when I started and I am now 39 years old. Think about it, that is most of my life.

I plan on looking at this as a new beginning and a new life.

And just think you are going to be a Princess. Surrounded by many your sisters!!!

Take care and God Bless!!!
Unread 04-23-2002, 08:38 PM
Last Period

Kiwi
just think No monthly vister
I had my last one the week before my TVH
I didn't have one this month and boy was I so glad cause my monthly would always come in the middle of the night and wake me up
I am 42 years old I got my first one at the age of 8
that's 34 now you have to take of the 3 times I was pregant so thaat's 31 years that little vister has been costing me money and clothes pluse headachs and embarrisement
when I think I will never have another one I just want to and not to mention :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2002, 08:52 PM
Last Period

I know just how you feel, I just finished with my last one, and felt exactly the same way when it started. I know I won't miss it but it was a little bittersweet for me.

I ran into my doctor, its kind of weird, he lives around the corner form me, and his son is our babysitter. (This does take some getting used to, when your gynecologist answers the door when you pick-up the sitter the first time and he's wearing shorts and bare foot its a shock to the system) I was out taking a walk and he was coming into our subdivison, he stop and ask how I was, ans comented the I didn't look so hot, I explained I was a little blue, that I got my period for the last time. He rolled his eyes and laughed, and said that he thought that that's what I wanted him to fix! Well I guess he was right, end of the blues!!!

Try to look on the bright side, no more pads, cramps, etc...... and the waiting for both of us will soon be over, and then on to a pain free life Yeah!!!!!! Take care! Kathy
Unread 04-23-2002, 10:10 PM
Last Period

I guess I'm lucky. I had my last period and didn't even know it was going to be the last one! Of course, it was a doozy so I guess that makes up for not knowing it was bye-bye forever. 13 days and counting.

Jo
Unread 04-24-2002, 04:19 AM
Thanks All

Well.. it is 4 a.m. so I guess you all can figure out how my last period is going... Ow...

Thank you all and I know you are all are right. At this point it is a pretty bad one.. so I am ready for it to be over... (too bad it just started!)

Kyia
Unread 04-24-2002, 04:22 AM
Last Period

Kyia, I'm glad and sorry for you! I had my last period when I went to the castle. Was kinda cool actually. Just think, when this is over you can throw away all those period panties like I did and go and buy some new VS ones! That was the best day!! I know what you mean about the feelings, it's normal and I think it does have something to do with your hormones!

Sara
Unread 04-24-2002, 04:29 AM
Thanks Sara

Yeah... My emotions are on a roller coaster right now... Thank God DH is being great... gave me a back rub before falling asleep. This not sleeping thing is really getting to me though... I was thinking about asking Dr about sleeping pills?? I have tried the Tylenol PM... and it worked... the first night. I have tried lavender and everything else "natural" so I feel like it is time to bring in the "real" drugs.. lol... but some friends have said I should "be careful" when asking for sleeping pills??? Is there something horrible about them... I can't think of anything else that is worse than not sleeping.
Unread 04-24-2002, 04:33 AM
Last Period

Welcome~

Just make sure not to take anything, not herbals or tylenol even at least 7 days before your surgery. If you do talk to your doc this morning, double check with him on that. After my surgery I had a problem sleeping and they gave me Trazodone. It doesn't get you addicted and it helped me sleep enough to get caught up and not feel tired.

Sara
Unread 04-24-2002, 04:37 AM
Thank you

Thanks for the advice... I would have never thought of that... I will ask him this morning about what I can take and for how long. I am going to go hug my heating pad now... thanks again.

Kyia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register