Last Period - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-24-2002, 06:14 AM
Last Period

Kyia-

Sorry you had a bad night. (((((XXOO))))

I agree this not sleeping thing is for the birds. I'm an "eight-hour a night kinda girl" and four hours isn't cutting it. The pain either keeps me up or wakes me up. And DH is so tired that I leave the bedroom now when I can't fall asleep.

I have my pre-op appointment this morning and I'll be asking for something for pain relief and to sleep.

Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2002, 07:44 AM
Last Period

Kyia,
Again check with your doctor, I have a RX for Ambien, a sleeping pill that works like a charm for me and it comes in both a 5mg and a 10 mg dose so they can give you the smallest dose that works for you. I also will be taking Xanax the night beofre and the morning of surgery per my surgeons orders, since I tend to get very nervous, I did this on my last surgery and it really helped.
Try to relax, each day we're one day close to it being all over!
Kathy
Unread 04-24-2002, 08:49 AM
Last Period

Hey Kyria,

I too am having my last visit from Aunt Flo. And for the first time, I'm having cramps with her visit. (Usually, just a very heavy period, no cramps.) I guess she wants to go out with a bang!!!

However, I am NOT having any remorse over her last visit. The old gal's been visiting me since I was ten years old (I'm 39 now) and she's worn out her welcome! She can just move on down the road and the quicker the better.

I plan to have a tampon burning celebration when I get home from the castle. Yippeeeeee!!!! NO more pain! NO more anemia!! NO more embarassing accidents!!

(Can you tell that I'm estatic!!)

Best wishes and hang in there. The wait is driving me nuts too!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2002, 09:12 AM
Can I be there?

I want to be there for the tampon burning!!! We should have a national tampon burning day for all of the LIW and Princesses... I am actually staying home from work today because this is one of the worse periods of my life... it's like it knows it will be the last!?!? My husband laughed at me when I said this.
Unread 04-24-2002, 09:38 AM
Last Period

This is an interesting subject. I was telling a friend yesterday how I am alittle sad about losing periods. I KNOW it makes no sense, being they are the reason I am having this done. (fibroids......... major bleeing).
It has just been a personal connection within myself for all these years. Like clockwork........

I am glad to see others have these feelings too.

I figure it's all part of the process........ I remember over a year ago when I first came to this site, the stage I was in then.... and all the other stages I have gone through to get to this point.
(not all in a straight line, I might add..lol)

Thank you all for you wonderful compassion and support.
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-24-2002, 09:40 AM
Last Period

OH yes, one more thing.
The day of my surgery 4/29 will be the worst day of my period.
Kind of scared about an "accident" while on the table.... great, one more thing to worry about.. lol
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-24-2002, 09:50 AM
Don't Worry

I have heard (read) others say not to worry about your period while going in for surgery.. they will take care of all that for you.. and besides.. it's not like surgeons aren't used to blood!!!
And we all have too many other things to worry about besides that! Your going to do great...

I am doing better right now... my best friend (heating pad) is bringing me through this last one...

You know... I am so addicted to this site. lol.
Unread 04-24-2002, 09:55 AM
Last Period

Kiwi,
Yeah I guess you are right. What better place to have an "accident" than at a hospital?.. lol

You hang in there too...
I wish you peace of mind and courage.
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-24-2002, 10:01 AM
Last Period-Yippee!!!

Hi Sisters - Hang in there - like many of you my last period came
in with a bang and has held on for 13 days! I guess it figures since this is the last one it is going to hang on for all it is worth!!!
I am scheduled to go to the castle on 8 May - I have been happy, one minute, sad the next, mad the next and crying hysterically for no reason! My Hubby left to go to California on a business trip on Sunday(we live in Midwest) and I was crying hysterically before he left. He called from the airport to see how I was doing and I picked up the phone and burst into tears! He said "that's it, I am coming home right now and I said "who is this"? When he told me it was him I started to laugh - He thinks I have lost my mind!!!! On top of that I woke up with a nosebleed the other day - what next am I going to start bleedig from my ears and eyes!!! LOL - I am ready to get this thing over with - When my period came I always had to wear super plus tampons and pads!!! I hated it - My period always managed to come in the middle of very important things, my little sisters wedding, my anniversary-my vacation!!! Hated it - I will be thrilled not to have to worry about this anympre - but am scared at the same time!!! I can sympathize with not getting any sleep - I tried sleepytime extra tea and it worked for a while, now I am popping tylenol pm, but have to quit next week because it will be 7 days before my surgery - thank god I will be on vacation! Hang in there and I will be praying for all my LIW Sisters!!!!

Harriet Thomas
TAH/BSO 5-8-02
Endemetriousis, dysplasay-anemia-heavy, long periods - lots of
pain- Can't wait to get my crown!!!!
Unread 04-24-2002, 10:12 AM
13 Days???

Ok.. I feel like a whiner!! When mine lasts a week I feel like I have bled to death!!

As far as the not sleeping... I tried Tylenol PM and it worked the first night but hasn't worked since.. I am going to call Dr this morning and ask what he recommends because I can't do this no sleeping thing for another 3 weeks.

I also feel like my hormones are on some sort of rollercoaster! I am happy to be finally doing this... then I am sad... then I am biting my kids heads off for a little thing.. then I cry and say I am sorry!! They think I am nuts! I told my daughter Melanie (she turns 10 three days before the surgery) that I was sorry that I was a grumpy mommy.. she said.. don't worry.. we know you just don't feel good.. but you will after your surgery. I swear I felt she had a better grasp on things than I did!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register