Last Period - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-26-2002, 06:37 AM
GP?

Grannie Panties? What are those? LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2002, 06:40 AM
Last Period

Jo, Kiwi, Donna & T:

Ladies - I agree with you all!!! Anything that we can do to make ourselves feel better! Heaven knows we deserve it. I also get a regular manicure and pedicure- the place I go to massages your feet and calves and it feels wonderful! I found the cutest nightshirts at a store out at the mall. They come to the knee and they are one size fits all - big and comfortable, but not too long! I bought one with a Teddy bear on it and another that has blue and white stripes on it - too cute! I want to share a song with you guys that my girlfriend recorded for me! It is pretty funny;

Going to the Castle(To be sang to Going to the Chapel of Love_

Going to the castle and I'm gonna get a crown!
Going to the castle and I'm gonna be a princess!
Gee I'm happy cause I'm gonna get fixed!
Going to the castle of drugs! Yea Yea Yea -Going to the castle of Drugs!!!

LOL - Take care ladies!
Harriet
Unread 04-26-2002, 06:47 AM
Last Period

<<Going to the castle of drugs! Yea Yea Yea -Going to the castle of Drugs!!! >>

I love it! I'm so looking forward to this weekend. I can take my pills whenever I need them and not have to worry about being able to function at work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2002, 06:50 AM
Last Period

Jo, I am cracking up at your remark about being able to take pills and not worry about functioning at work. I am laughing because I know my mind has been out there and God only knows what I have screwed up at work! I work with all men!!! LOL - Bring on the drugs!!!!
Unread 04-26-2002, 07:01 AM
Last Period

Grannie panties are those BIG kind you need to get to wear after surgery (sometimes the tummy gets swollen).
lol
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-26-2002, 07:10 AM
men at work/GP

I manage all men. One of my guys is jumping for joy that he doesn't have to put up with me for 6 weeks. And for someone who makes very few mistakes I have been making them hand over fist. Of course, then I have to listen to it. Oh well. They'll be happy when I'm not a monster from the pain. They might miss "just do whatever you want" from the pain meds, though.

DonnaFay- grannie panties don't sound very sexy. Do I really need them? If I'm having TAH will I even need to wear them. Provided I cover the bum, does one have much "drainage"?
Unread 04-26-2002, 07:15 AM
Last Period

Jo - I am having TAH also and my OBGYN told me not to throw away the pads yet!!!! She said I may have some spotting - but not much - also told me to get some Granny Panties!!! But just think when it is all over with! Victoria's Secret - here I come!!!!! Also will be so much fun to get to wear white pants whenever I want to!!!

Harriet
Unread 04-26-2002, 07:45 AM
Last Period

Jo,
Your asking the wrong person.. lol I havent had surgery yet.
But from what I understand an ab hysterectomy does make give one temporary "swelly belly"....... so big panties might all that will be comfortable. I think sometimes one just has to exchange comfort for style........... (at gun point.. lol)

take care
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-26-2002, 08:50 AM
Granny Panties

I got my Granny Panties.. (pack of 3) but I made sure they were still cute.. I got some that were 2 sizes bigger than I currently wear so they are baggy on me now.. they are leopard print!!! You gotta love that!

I keep coming in to work late... between pain pills and sleeping pills.. I have been in my own land.. but happy.. I was in so much pain before. But I heard I have to stop before my surgery.. Dr didn't tell me that.. but I bet he will. One of the guys at work asked me what kind of drugs I was on and I told him and he laughed and said that is barely legal! LOL! Gotta love them drugs!
Unread 04-26-2002, 08:54 AM
Last Period

Kiwi - I gotta laugh - because the guys here at work keep asking me what kind of drugs I am on!!! LOL - I did something to my computer and it wasn't working right. The guy from systems said I would have had to change my settings for it to act the way it was acting and I think he thought I was nuts because I don't remember changing anything!!!! I blamed it on the drugs!!! I love leopard print - I am going to see if I can find some like that! We could start a club!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register