Last Period - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-26-2002, 09:07 AM
Last Period

I bought some really nice pj bottoms and a shirt to match at Target, best thing I took to the castle. I didn't have any spotting and my jp catheter for my TAH drainage came out right after the other catheter, the day after surgery. Once I was free, I took off the hospital gown and put on those jammies. Soft jammies, soft pillow case. Much better! I didn't get granny panties. I just brought some that went over my belly and they stretched with me. I had my last period all the way to the castle. Mine lasted from Thanksgiving to that day, on and off for 3 weeks at a time. I'm soooooooo happy to be done with it all!

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2002, 09:08 AM
No excuse for me!

Hi Ladies,

I don't have any excuse for my fogginess because I'm not on any drugs other than Motrin!

Last night, I took my vitamins, and later when I went back in the kitchen, I had left my water bottle on the counter where my vitamins stay and put my vitamin bottle in the refrigerator!

Then two nights ago, I found myself washing my hair with conditioner instead of shampoo. (I wondered why it felt so soft!)

I won't even begin to go into what I've done at work. Much too embarrassing!

Right now, I'm home from work, practicing my princess act. The excessive bleeding from my very last period that I stayed home with this morning is almost non-existent right now, but I don't trust Aunt Flo. About the time I think she's lightened up, she'll be back in full force. So I'm kicked back in my recliner with my laptop watching daytime television and satisfying my Hystersisters addiction.

Just 26 more days till Castle Day!!! I'll never make it!

Lisa

Unread 04-26-2002, 09:12 AM
Last Period

You'll make it Lisa - Hang in there! I know what you mean about Aunt Flo - my period started on April 12th and just when I thought it had quit - here she comes again - 14 days and counting! I will be so glad to say farewell to Aunt Flo!!! May 8th cannot get here soon enough!! Enjoy your day!!!

Harriet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2002, 09:13 AM
You'll Make It

All of us LIW will make it... I have 20 days and counting!
Unread 04-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Last Period

You guys are too funny. I went to Target also and got Trix pj's the silly rabbit will have to cheer me up!
I to have been on drugs at work it makes it hard to operate. So many people have said I told you and I say but did I didn't write it down!!!!!
I about cryed when they told me I had to take my acrylic nails off why did I have to do that? Now my nails look awful and who knows when I will feel up to having them put back on........
Unread 04-26-2002, 12:28 PM
Last Period

Hey 4Kteh - don't feel too bad - just think - when all of this is over you can go get a complete makeover and you won't have to worry about Aunt Flo arriving to mess things up ever again!!!! You know I have acrylic nails also, and I have a french manicure, so I didn't have to take mine off. I can relate about the drug thing, not much I can do about it right now - so I am going to enjoy being an addict!

Harriet
TAH-5-8-02!!!!
Unread 04-26-2002, 03:25 PM
Last Period

4KTEH~Some castles don't want anything over your fingernails or toenails during surgery. They check your nail beds for the oxygen flow. They would turn blue if there wasn't enough. Don't worry you can get them on again after you are a

Sara
Unread 04-27-2002, 05:55 AM
PJ's

4KTEH --

I must take myself to Target! Trix PJ's!? THat would be too much fun. I've decided that I have panties that will work just fine. And I'm skipping the gown thing. I did buy a bra that I would be comfortable in at the hospital and home when I had visitors - translation, no underwire.

My TAH is May7 so I'm busy making lists and menus and getting everyone organized at home and work. And what I don't get done won't make the world stop turning.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register