"O" no, "O" yes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"O" no, "O" yes "O" no, "O" yes

Unread 04-24-2002, 12:03 PM
"O" no, "O" yes

I am sorry if this question seems a little personal, but I am trying to still make the decision to keep the cervix or not. What I would like to know is those of you who had their cervix removed and have confessed that their sex life has not changed since its removal, if before your hysterectomy, did you experience orgasm with intercourse (the big "O"). The reason why I am asking such a personal question is that some women go their whole lives and don't experience orgasm with intercourse, and I was wondering if your sex life has not changed because of that reason???
Again, I apologize for the extremely personal nature of the question but your responses would be greatly appreciated.

Karen Gerber
TAH for adenomyosis, heavy and painful periods, surgery date TBA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2002, 12:49 PM
"O" no, "O" yes

I will be removing my cervix on May 2 so I will let you know when I feel brave enough to explore sex again. I have heard more good stories than bad about it. You know that it is your clitoris not your cervix that allows you to orgasm. Its location is not near the cervix so you should not have a problem. Although I am a lucky person who has experienced them already I really don't want to lose them. I will let you all know when I get where I can. Good Luck on getting a date (if thats what you want to have done and good luck on finding an alternative if not).

God Bless !
Unread 04-24-2002, 01:01 PM
"O" no, "O" yes

do a search on sex and you will find some good threads on the subject
I had my cervix removed due to having a TVH and right out of the castle I started having sex dreams
well about 3 weeks or so post op while I was asleep and in the middle of said dream I woke up in the middle of having my big O and It was the same as before
I think the dreams was my body telling me that it still worked right
I sure do hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2002, 01:52 PM
I don't know yet

I am one of those who used to experience strong contractions of the uterus with the O, and clitoral stimulation didn't feel as good. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm wondering if mine will be as good. I've heard good reports from ladies saying they had (before) the same kind as me, and still had similar ones, so I have high hopes.
Unread 04-24-2002, 01:54 PM
BETTER than before....

I am almost 10 weeks post op. Got the go ahead to resume "activities" at 3 and a half weeks. Everything is so much better than it was pre-op!! I actually have the "big O", with intercourse now, and didn't before. I think the removal of the cervix actually helped in my case. It was prolapsed, and I had had pain with sex for years before. I can actually say that it is not a chore, or merely a "duty" any longer!! DH is very happy about the changes.
While I feel that if the removal of the cervix is an option that should be carefully considered, a lot of us don't have the choice. You will find many of us have found it's removal a big improvement!! I would talk with your doc, as he/she is ultimately the person who will have the most influence in your decision making.
I hope that this helps some, and there will most likely be more people along to share their experiences soon.
Good luck to you and remember that we are here to help any way we can!!
Kelkie(Kelly)
Unread 04-24-2002, 02:07 PM
"O" no, "O" yes

I had my cervix removed and my "O" is so much better than before moslty because there is no more pain after it. I also have the big "O" much more easily. I used to have to work for it a little bit, now I have to hold it back! LOL

JoAnn
TAH/BSO
Unread 04-24-2002, 02:45 PM
"O" no, "O" yes

I too am one who has orgams much easier and more intense than before and my cervix was removed..for some reason since my TVH my clitoris is so much more sensitive and I have three or four O's during lovemaking...hmmmnot complaining here..
Unread 04-24-2002, 02:49 PM
"O" no, "O" yes

Yes, no cervix and it still happens (the big O) but now I don't have to work around my period. I had some kind of crazy hormonal thing going on and was very "amorous" for about three months post. So much so, my husband demanded a night off. I still remind him about that one :-).
Good luck and keep in touch.
Tam
Unread 04-24-2002, 03:39 PM
big O

i found this website and it's just one more bit of information. www.newshe.com...to the left scroll down and choose"what is the potential role of nerve-sparing hysterectomies?" by the berman sisters...they are on discovery health channel at ten eastern so check it out...
my O's are still awesome...and i kept my cervix and ovaries....
Unread 04-24-2002, 04:00 PM
"O" no, "O" yes

Karen,
Thanks for asking! I have been wondering the same thing but just didn't know how to ask it . I am scheduled for surgery on 5/6 and would like to keep my cervix for this very reason. I have not discussed this with the doc. yet, am anxious to hear her opinion. Good luck to you.

Lisa
TAH scheduled on 5/6 for large uterine fibroid, heavy bleeding & pain

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register