TVH Watch Your Breast if you're having hot flashes! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Watch Your Breast if you're having hot flashes! Watch Your Breast if you're having hot flashes!

Unread 12-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Watch Your Breast if you're having hot flashes!

I am 9 weeks post op and kept both ovaries. Having hot flashes! Now...this has caused moisture underneath both breast and Omg, I now have a yeast infection under BOTH breast. So...I am on medication for yeast for two weeks. Having to put powder underneath my breast at night. I already have some discoloration and itching. Just wanted to give my sisters a heads up. Love you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrollins View Post
I am 9 weeks post op and kept both ovaries. Having hot flashes! Now...this has caused moisture underneath both breast and Omg, I now have a yeast infection under BOTH breast. So...I am on medication for yeast for two weeks. Having to put powder underneath my breast at night. I already have some discoloration and itching. Just wanted to give my sisters a heads up. Love you
Wow, that's horrible. I am 7 weeks post TAH and haven't experienced hot flashes. Thanks for sharing!! Good information. Who knew you can get a yeast infection under your breast.
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmytime48 View Post
Wow, that's horrible. I am 7 weeks post TAH and haven't experienced hot flashes. Thanks for sharing!! Good information. Who knew you can get a yeast infection under your breast.
my primary doctor said it's common but women are too embarrassed to talk about it. I had never heard of it. My mom said she's had it before. And a couple of friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrollins View Post
my primary doctor said it's common but women are too embarrassed to talk about it. I had never heard of it. My mom said she's had it before. And a couple of friends.
Take care and thanks again for the info.
Unread 12-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Re: Watch Your Breast if you're having hot flashes!

What an interesting thread. I actually have an appt with a dermatologist because I have had a constant rash on the front top of my breast that itches like crazy. I thought it might be related to the surgical soap they had me use before surgery. I constantly scratch it in my sleep. We'll see if it could be related to those crazy hot flashes.
Unread 12-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Re: Watch Your Breast if you're having hot flashes!

As long as we are talking hot flashes and yeast infections, watch your belly button too. They get moist and sweaty, just where yeast love to live. I have had 2 belly button yeast infections and one under-breast infection. I know it sounds crazy, but I started drinking slightly alkaline water and that seems to help. And just so I don't feel embarrassed, yes, I do keep my belly button clean and bathe regularly. (I shared this story once before and am just answering the first reply I got before.) Oddly enough I've only had 2 or maybe 3 vaginal yest infections ever. Go figure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register