hope I am not too late for Sclose00 - CT scan | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hope I am not too late for Sclose00 - CT scan hope I am not too late for Sclose00 - CT scan

Unread 04-25-2002, 03:33 AM
hope I am not too late for Sclose00 - CT scan

Sherry has a CT scan scheduled for Thursday.

Sherry, I hope I am not too late for this but I hope all goes well. Please know that you are in my prayers. Let us know how it all went. Love always x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 05:02 AM
Wishing you well, Sherry

Here's hoping that you have good news on the results and that the contrast doesn't do the number on you it does on me! (LOL but at the time, it isn't funny). ((hugs))
Unread 04-25-2002, 07:24 AM

Well, it's been cancelled til Monday... I'm going in for pre-op at the hospital today.

Let me tell you what happened. The hospital called me yesterday afternoon and the lady said that there had been some mistake. That this hospital wasn't contracted w/my ins company and that I needed to call my Dr back and get them to rescedule.

I got hysterical.. I swear I couldn't talk. I tried to call my PA and got her voice mail, so I called my ins., and could barely get it out.. the poor lady on the phone was so undersatnding. ANyway, turns out, it's only the CT scan that wasn't covered on a out-patient basis, not the surgery... geez... about gave me a heart attack!

Thanks for the responses and well wishes tho. I'll save them for Monday!

Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 07:33 AM
So Sorry This Happened!

Aren't the frustrations and problems thrown at us by "the system" worse than the actual surgery/chemo/whatever? Wishing you the best on Monday. Hang in there!
Unread 04-25-2002, 09:22 AM

Sherry,

I'm so sorry that happened. You need a nice treat this afternoon. I went through the gyn cancer thing both for myself and with my mom and what really helped me was I got a sheet of paper and typed all the docs phone numbers (including the "back" line to the nurses when I could get it) and fax numbers, and all my insurance policy numbers and phone numbers on it.

I had another sheet with my own "demographics" on it. I laminated them both (covered with clear contact) and kept them with me at all times. It was useful when I was upset and couldn't remember something, and sometimes I could even give them to a sweet clerk to fill forms out for me (like on the day of my surgery - I was scheduled for 3 in the afternoon and they got a cancellation and called at 10 asking me to get to the OR by 11 and not to stop by admitting). I just gave the sheets to DH who filled out the admitting paperwork while I was in the OR.

With these and my cell phone, I felt prepared to handle any problem... Being "organized" makes me feel like I am in control....I know its false..but it worked for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register