Oh, Emotions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-25-2002, 03:50 AM
Oh, Emotions

6 more days. Two days ago I was crying for little or no reason and scared out of my mind. Yesterday I was depressed and scared out of my mind. Today I can't wait, scared, but not scared out of my mind (but it's early yet). What's next?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 04:29 AM
Oh, Emotions

Girlie!

It will be okay! Your emotions are like this as you are human and normal. Just think about how worried we would be if you didn't have these emotions!

I found that writing my feelings down helped a lot. I also made a list up of what I was going to take with me to the castle and what I wanted to ask the doctor. Once that was done for the day, I relaxed and read. I also got all the grocery shopping done, cleaned and just spent time with my family.

Hope this helps!

Sara
Unread 04-25-2002, 04:54 AM
Oh, Emotions

s,

It is very normal to have mixed emotions like this just before major surgery. I did the same thing too. Even though I knew I needed the hyst and looked forward to ending all the pain & bleeding, I still kept wondering if I was doing the right thing. I'm 100% sure now that I did the right thing! The waiting is the hardest part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 06:38 AM
Oh, Emotions

Thanks again, sisters The writing was a good idea. You'd think with all the therapy I've had, the constant admonition: "journal, journal, journal," that I should have thought of that. And you are right, it DOES help! Let me go find my pen and paper, and I'll catch up with all you ladies in a while.

Unread 04-25-2002, 07:26 AM
Hi again!

Was just thinking about you, again! So glad to see I'm not alone with the emotions. I cried all day yesterday, and not all of it from the pain! Looks like I will get to be a punctured princess sooner than expected!!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you!!!

's!!!

Cathy
Unread 04-25-2002, 07:42 AM
Oh, Emotions

Hi Cathy!

Was thinking about about you this morning on my way to work! Hope you're doing better. I'm actually doing good today, emotionally, but it may be because my emotions are too tired to act up. I was slightly uncomfortable during the night. Had a pre-op visit with the Dr yesterday, and she did a little poking around. But once I was awake, about 3 a.m., started thinking about the surgery and never got back to sleep. Dr said I will feel so much better mentally and physically when this is over. I sure hope so!

Take it easy!

Unread 04-25-2002, 08:22 AM
Emotions

I have five days to go and was very calm until last night when I laid down for bed. I have had surgery before so I kinda know what to expect, but the idea of the pain right after I wake up is terrifying me.(I have a very low pain tolerance). I laid there and cried so hard I woke up my hubby. I am anxious to get to my day at the castle, but scared at the same time. I know this is normal, this is a very emotional surgery, but I think just knowing that other women are going through the same thing helps.
Good Luck and a speedy recovery to you and I hope the next few days fly by ( for both of us!!).

TaraLee TAH 4/30/02 for endo, fibroids and possible adeno
Unread 04-25-2002, 09:45 AM
hang on

Hi Bonnie,

Hang on there girl...everyone says this is the worst part!

My thoughts are with you,

Maralyn
Unread 04-25-2002, 10:22 AM
Oh, Emotions

Hi TaraLee and Maralyn. Now, I know I answered TaraLee's post just a short while ago, what in the world happened to it?

I, too, hope the next few days fly by and by this time next week we'll be campers!!

Thanks for thinking of me Maralyn! So very nice to hear from you again! How are you doing, by the way? I sure hope this is the worst part!

Unread 04-25-2002, 07:23 PM
Oh, Emotions

{{{{{LIWs}}}}}

I am five weeks post-op and I still remember what a wreck I was, talk about a roller coaster ride! I would run the gamut of sad, scared, happy, terrified, depressed, you name it, all within an hour sometimes. I wonder if it would have been a good idea for my doc to just toss me in a psych ward till my surgery date.

The last few days before surgery I was feeling very very calm...a little too calm I guess, because when the nurse came into my hospital room and announced that they were taking me to surgery, and handed me that cap thingy to put on my hair and those little booties, I started up crying. I cried and cried AND CRIED, all the way down the hall, to the elevator, down the other hall, through the swinging doors, into the holding area, I finally stopped when the chief surgeon said something funny and made me laugh.

Next thing I knew it was over with and despite some unexpected complications in recovery, my first thought was 'wow it's over, I am soooooo glad!' It was a great relief.

Everything you are feeling is normal, go with the flow, just let loose with tears or yelling or whatever, you don't really have much control over the crazy moods right now. Just make sure you do something nice and fun for yourself every day (or every hour even) to take the edge off.

You'll all do great and you'll be so happy when you are on the road to good health again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register