My Story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-25-2002, 08:59 AM
My Story

Well... the waiting REALLY is the worst part. I didn't honestly believe it till now.

I had TVH on 4/23 and got home a little over and hour ago. I feel pretty good. I expected to feel like someone ran me over with an 18 wheeler, but instead only feel like I did a zillion and one too many sit-ups. Doc said the prolapse was more than we both thought. Before surgery, the cervix wasn't 'hanging out'. When I was under anesthesia, she looked and said it was maybe an inch from falling out. So this was the right thing to do. We both hope my pain will stop and I will be back to living a normal life and pain free. I came home with 35 percocets and 90 800 mg motrins. Miss my toradol that I was getting in the castle (LIW's ~ ask for this via IV, it's great).

Ok.. had to be there at 5:30 a.m. ~ played the hurry up and wait game. Doc almost cancelled me cause I was telling the nurses I was leaving if they didn't get me in the OR soon. I wasn't being a chicken, was hungry, tired and aggrivated. I sat from 5:30 a.m. to about 1:30 when I was finally taken to OR. I got versed and don't remember much about anything after that shot of happy juice. Apparenytly, I was asking for Toradol before I even left the OR.. doc just giggled and said 'give it to her'. I got to my room around 4:30-5 p.m. and was up and walking within 30 minutes after getting into my room. Had the cath out about 10 minutes after my walk. Got IV out yesterday morning. Was on oral pain meds and fluids right away. Demerol shots in recovery.. percocet and motrin once in my room. Gosh I miss the toridol. My pain.. it's not bad at all, really it isn't. Passing A LOT of gas.. which is good. Haven't had BM yet, but waiting patiently for that. Pain level never got above a 6. Once in room.. it stayed at about a 4. Went for lots of little walks while in castle... nurses and doc were shocked to see me up and walking so soon.

So, here I am.. at home.. feel good. Gonna get me something to eat (probably some soup) then off to bed for a nap. I remember all my princess training and am behaving myself. DH is taking very good care of me.. what a man! :-)

It's nice to finally be a

Will post more when I feel up to it. All you LIW's.. hang in there. The wait is the worst part of it all. You will feel SO much better afterwards. All sisters.. big hugs and thanks for seeing me thru the pre-op worries and wait. Im here for all of you, just like you are for me. Without this site, I would of had been completely lost and felt alone.

God Bless †
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 09:15 AM
My Story

Welcom home (((((((((AMY))))))))))) I am so glad everything went well and that you are home, safe and sound! REST, REST, REST, walk, walk, walk, and drink LOTS of good water!

S!!!!!!!!

See ya in chat when you are feeling up to it..
Unread 04-25-2002, 09:25 AM
My Story

amy, that is great.....i had a tvh on the 12th....i feel great..i have not taken any meds in days....but be careful...you will soon feel better than you actually are...dont over do it ..like i did....i am so happy to hear everything went so good....dr's could not believe how quick i was up and at em..too.....congrats to you!!!!!.....happy princesshood!!!!...aka..bunny/jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 09:32 AM
Welcome Home!

Welcome home,

Haven't met you officially. Another here, but hope and pray to be on other side next week!!

Take care of yourself and I'll keep reading up on your progress!

karen
Unread 04-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Princess Amy

Welcome home, Amy! Glad to hear your castle stay went well (except waiting so many hours to get in the OR!) You really were up walking a lot sooner than most ladies! Hope your recovery continues smoothly. Sounds like your dh is pampering you right!

Ruthie
Unread 04-25-2002, 11:01 AM
HI AMY!!!

I am so happy your back!
Unread 04-25-2002, 11:52 AM
Thankyou

Dear Amy:
Welcome back ! Thankyou so much for sharing such an encouraging story! I'm glad you are feeling better, and Best Wishes for a continued successful recovery!
I am in the process of waiting, and it is difficult for me to continue waiting. Just want to get it over with!!!! :run2:
(LAVH with anterior repair for severe prolapse on May 13)
Unread 04-25-2002, 11:56 AM
My Story

Amy! My, doesn't your crown look wonderful!

Good to hear that you are home and resting. Don't forget your Princess training. Rest, walk, drink and rest some more. We'll see you on the post-op board when you are ready. No rush, we'll be there when you arrive.

Sounds like you are going to be spoiled rotten like I was.

Sara
Unread 04-25-2002, 11:56 AM
My Story

Welcome Home Amy!! I'm so glad it's finally all behind you.

Now be a good and GET BACK TO BED!!!

Remember sitting is an acitivity, so please limit your computer time carefully. So glad you are home and doing well!

Karen
Unread 04-25-2002, 03:31 PM
Amy's Home

Hi Amy I have been wondering about you, you went in a day after I went in for surgery.

Well you sound alot better, I was out earlier also because I was doing so well, but I am getting lots of sleep at home more than I was in the hospital.

It sounds like you did very well, I was aggravated that morning also, started getting hungry and very thirsty, was in the waiting room, I call the corral, where they have everyone waiting to go in for surgery and that is when they put those things on your legs and put in your I.V. and was just sitting there talking away to the anesthisiologist and nurse and before I knew it I was waking up in recovery. Recovery is another story, pain lots of pain. I will tell my story when I am more up to it.

But I was thinking and praying about you Tuesday when I was in the hospital. Glad to see you home!

archide

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register