I want to stop bleeding! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want to stop bleeding! I want to stop bleeding!

Unread 04-25-2002, 09:44 AM
I want to stop bleeding!

I have fibroids that are the size of softballs. I learned I had them about 18 months ago. I had never heard of them before that. Still wish I hadn't heard of them. I've had the ultrasounds to keep a check on the size, they are growing. I bled the whole month of Dec., it was awful, I was cold and tired. My gyno suggested lupron shots to stop the bleeding. I was anemic and had to stop, she is still worried about transfusions. Well I've had four shots and I'm still bleeding. I can't go a day without wearing protection. Some days its a river. She has scheduled my hyst for May 17th. I am very apprehensive, but looking forward to not bleeding. It is very depressing to go out and have to bring a change of clothes, plastic bags, towels and washcloths. I never know when the **** is going to let go and I'm soaked in blood. I'm taking the iron pills eating the iron enriched food. I'm still feeling tired though. I'm really glad I found this web site. I know I'm not alone.
Thanks
Ramona
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 10:34 AM
Welcome!

Hi, Ramona! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site for support and comfort and info! Sorry to hear you are having uterus trouble and will have to have a hyst, but it sounds like your health will be much better when you aren't losing so much blood. I didn't have Lupron, but I tried Depo Provera and it didn't stop my bleeding, either (though it slowed down). Click on the 3 princesses at the top of the page to find the pull-down menus of stories and advice for Ladies in Waiting, and that should help you know what to expect. This is major surgery, with an initial recovery period of 6-8 weeks, so you need to plan to be pampered while you let your body heal! Read all you can here and ask any questions you think of. We'll be here to see you through this journey. s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 04-25-2002, 10:43 AM
I want to stop bleeding!

Ramona!! I can relate - only recently I put two and two together and figured out I'm so tired all the time because of this weird stuff going on inside my body!

You'll be better soon and trust me, just reading posts out here and chatting with the ladies is such a comfort. Take care of yourself.

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 10:55 AM
Hi Ramona

I want to add another warm welcome and a

The bleeding and anemia is just awful to deal with. My period lasted from Nov 10 until Feb 23 when I had my surgery. It is just no way to go through life. If anything it can allow you to look forward to the surgery and to getting some quality of life back.

Yes, it is miserable to always be bleeding and carrying all of the supplies around. If you would like a glimpse of how good life can be on the otherside then check out this humorous link from the post op forum.
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...040#post366040

Also, please double check with your doctor on which type of Iron you should be taking and how much. I was not taking enough to make a difference until I rechecked my instructions with the doc and pharmacist. My anemia cleared up right away after my surgery. I now have lot's of energy.

Blessings,
Unread 04-25-2002, 12:14 PM
I want to stop bleeding!

Ramona and welcome to Hyster Sisters!

I'm sorry you are bleeding, I can totally relate to that! I agree with Shelley, call your doctor and make sure you are getting enough iron. Anemia is nothing to mess with!

My email is always on~

Sara
Unread 04-25-2002, 12:21 PM
I want to stop bleeding!

Ramona!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can relate to all that bleeding!!!!!!!!!!!Been there done that!It i s horrible and You can't wear white!I WAS sooo anemic too. The Anemia is so hard. Your so tired and that makes you cranky too!Why must you wait till May 17th!!!!!!!You are so sick!It seems so unfair! Well Good luck and Take care. BTW........It really does get better!
Unread 04-25-2002, 12:27 PM
I can understand

Romana,

Kaymac here and I can certainly understand. I have been bleeding continually since Feb. My hyster is on 4/30, next week.

I have some really heavy days that has caught me at work, or in the tub, or in a store. So this past week, I have been careful. I decided to take off again today and tomorrow just as I did last week, to avoid that and rest. I am taking iron too, but feel drained and so sleepy. I keep cold now all the time, unless I am having those fainting spells when all suddenly gets hot and the lights go dim, then I freeze!

But I know this is a great place, being new here myself, I have had support and assurance that things will be better soon.

to the other side.

Great big from kaymac
Unread 04-25-2002, 04:34 PM
I want to stop bleeding!

Hi Ramona,
Your story sounds so familiar..... Its so disgusting and depressing to bleed like that. I had to wear night time pads and the heavy duty tampons. That still wasnt enough! I bled through all my clothes, ruined everything I owned practically. Had to replace sheets, bed cover etc.... I even sat on a thick towel so I wouldnt bleed on my car seats... so I know where you are coming from. Many days I woke up in tears wondering why all this had to happen to me! Then I was finally was convinced by my family dr. and my gyn to have a hysterectomy. After 2 years of all of that misery I figured enough was enough and I never looked back. My anemia was really taking a toll on me as well. I was put on iron supplements and after a few months, that got some better... then surgery was scheduled. I have to say, that I was so fed up, that there was nothing that could have stopped me from having my hysterectomy. I know everyone is different, but personally, it is one of the best things I ever did for myself. I feel so much better now... its just amazing. I have lots and lots of energy. I go and do whatever I want without ever having to worry about bleeding all over myself again. As my wonderful doctor told me, the uterus is an organ that is used for one thing, and if I no longer have a use for it, then why let it cause me so much pain and suffering? I had never thought of it that way.
I really understand how you are feeling but rest assure, there is a good life to live after all this is over for you!!!
I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best!!
MB
Unread 04-26-2002, 02:21 AM
I want to stop bleeding!

Well, I had hoped this would be the last period, but it came a few days early, and will probably be next to last.

I managed to bleed onto a new mattress, not too bad, but it's disgusting to have to get up at 4 am and try to remove the spot. Probably will leave a water spot!

I am so ready for this to be done with! Tomorrow I had hoped to spend some hours in the great outdoors, and Sunday I have a volunteer activity. Now I have to *think* about how to manage this.

I don't think I realized how much this was impacting me until I made the decision about the hysterectomy.

Yes, I want to stop bleeding too!

Pellice
Unread 04-26-2002, 05:36 AM
Me too!

Pellice,

We're in the same boat. My TAH is scheduled for one day after yours and I have been having PMS for a week now. I kept checking and recounting and figuring if my period held off for a few more days, it may be my last one. I haven't officially marked my calendar as having started, but with all my symptoms today, it can't be long.

I, too, have a Little League game to go to tonight, and tomorrow afternoon. My dh and I have plans to go out to dinner and a play Saturday night. We are ushering at church on Sunday. And since scheduling the surgery, I am more aware of how much my period affects my entire life!

I can't wait to be done with this cycle.

Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register