Have I Lost My Marbles? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have I Lost My Marbles? Have I Lost My Marbles?

Unread 04-25-2002, 02:35 PM
Have I Lost My Marbles?

I'm on my last period and I don't know if I've totally lost it or if anyone else has done this, but I've found myself talking to and bargining with "Aunt Flo".

Last night in the bathroom, I caught myself muttering out loud, "Okay now, that's about as heavy as you need to get, old girl. Let's just stay like this, shall we. No nasty surprises. It's your last visit here, so lighten up, please!!! You be good to me, and I'll send you off in style - with a $9 box of tampons!"

(I am just so scared this last period is going to be the worst one yet. I'm on day 5 and so far, so good, except for the cramps I've had, which are a rare occurrance. Usually I just bleed to death!)

Has my little red wagon gone around the bend? Am I not playing with a full deck? Has my cheese slipped off my crackers? Has the stress and strain of waiting finally taken it's toll?

Bring on the lovely white jacket that lets you give yourself a big and the cute guys with the butterfly net! Lisa's finally gone looney tunes!!

:eyes:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 04:24 PM
Room for two???

Can I go with you?? I promise I don't take up much room!! I'll even bring along my very own friend to talk to, you don't have to share yours!!!

We are all something else, aren't we!!

Hang in there! I too am on my "last" period. Actually, doc is trying to stop my current one and hold off the last one to come in May!! Cramping just got to be way too much to handle!!!

Hopefully Aunt Flo will listen to reason, and if she doesn't, just remember you will be yanking her plug real soon!!!!!

They say that laughter is the best medicine, so what are we waiting for???
Unread 04-25-2002, 04:27 PM
Have I Lost My Marbles?

Lisa! I remember doing that kinda, bargining is always hard with your period though. I had mine when I went to the castle. Was nice not to have to worry about it when I came out!

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 04:45 PM
LOL

I tried bargaining with my last period... apparently she was offended and came on stronger than ever before... I can't even sit up straight.. (slumped down in chair right now)

Talk about going out with a bang... lol.

You know what else is funny.. yesterday as I was "changing my diaper" (as I call it) I was thinking that I have SOO many supplies because I go through a lot, so I buy is mass quantities and I was almost in a panic trying to figure out what I would do with it all... I look back now and laugh... like I really care what happens to all of it!!!

I think my brain is completely fried.. no one is even coming in my office anymore.. I think they are afraid of me! LOL.. this is so sad.
Unread 04-25-2002, 07:39 PM
Have I Lost My Marbles?

I too had tons of extra supplies. I was going to pawn them off on my unfortunate friends who still get the monthly visit and then I called my local women's shelter. They are thrilled to receive all types of ladies supplies. We all know how expensive they are and the lady at the shelter said they like to have alot on hand but it is not always a budget priority.

As far as going loony toons is concerned I don't want to disappoint anyone but in my case a visit to the castle did nothing to help in my efforts to regain my sanity. However now I feel good and goofy rather than sick and goofy. Trust me, good and goofy is way way way better. Dosi
Unread 04-25-2002, 09:02 PM
Have I Lost My Marbles?

Yep, I too will be in "major flow mode" the day of surgery... gross!

Great idea about donating them to woman shelter.
Or to one friend who has my style of period.

Speaking of.......... dont you hate friends who say....... "my period is so bad"..... then you find out they have to change (on their worst day twice)
I tell them they are Barbie periods!.. lol

Once, I was at a friends and started....... she had "slims"........ I didnt even know they made those anymore.. lol
I told her I could always tie them up together like dynamte or asparagas and use them... lol
take care
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-26-2002, 01:06 AM
Have I Lost My Marbles?

LOL!! I used to have dialogues with my X-Files uterus (believe me the name suited it well!), I would ask it 'whyyyyyyyy do you hate me so much? what did I do to you to make you so mad at me?' Please! now, just let me get to the bathroom! is that so much to ask?' Sometimes I would get to feeling sorry for it, and tell it I was sorry it was sick, and could it please tell me what to do to make it feel better again. It was a long-term dysfunctional relationship.

I do believe it overheard the plans I was making with my 'hit team' (the surgeons ) and decided to try to kill me before we could kill it.

In the hospital the night before surgery (I had to be there for a second transfusion), I had a final 'conversation' with my old nemesis. I told it that tomorrow, it would be gone, and there was no two ways about it. Amazingly, that night it actually behaved. I think it was trying to fake me out so I would change my mind. Well ha ha ha, the next day it went to the hospital path lab for its very own autopsy. No funeral though.

Nope you are not losing your mind, I'll bet there are LOTS of sisters who have had those conversations with their unfriendly body parts and Aunt Flo.
Unread 04-26-2002, 05:11 AM
Have I Lost My Marbles?

Hey Donna Faye and Ladies,

Talking about friends who complain about their periods being bad, there's a lady at work who is jealous because I'm going for a hysterectomy (she's always going on about her ailments and trying to get sympathy from anyone who will listen.)

A couple of days ago, she was complaining about her period and saying how it had gone on for 6 days and she'd had to change her tampon every hour. I almost laughed in her face!!!!!!! Every hour would be heaven for me! Try changing two doubled-up super plus tampons and a pad every 15 minutes!!! And going on for two months at a time, not six days.

She also had the audacity to say that she was going to save up her sick days and have a hysterectomy too. I told her she could have mine for me.

Anyway, it's good to know that I'm not nuts for talking to my uterus. Or if I am nuts, I'm in good company!

(Unfortunately, Aunt Flo is ignoring my admonitions. I'm having to stay home from work today to entertain the old gal. Like I really could spare the time off! Well, Aunt Flo, enjoy yourself. It's your last time at MY house!!)

Thanks ladies!!!

Lisa

Unread 04-26-2002, 06:38 PM
lost our marbles????

Ladies, TAH./BSO is scheduled for 5-8-02 - period started 4/12 and lasted until 4/24/02. I woke up one morning last week with a nose bleed - I found myself saying out loud "What next, am I going to start bleeding from my eyes and ears?" LOL - So don't feel bad - I am really a nut case - I am crying one minute, laughing the next and mad at the world the next!!! I feel like a lunatic!!! All these questions going around in my head, am I doing the right thing? I think I'll go have a glass of wine!!!

Harriet
Unread 04-26-2002, 06:42 PM
And one for me

Harriet,

That sounds like a great idea. I think I'll join you.

Cheers! to all of us LIW!

Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register