Have I Lost My Marbles? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have I Lost My Marbles? Have I Lost My Marbles?

Unread 04-26-2002, 07:35 PM
Was Just Thinking About You

Hi, Sashi!

I was just thinking about you when I came across your post. lol I, too, was afraid my last period would be a bad one. But it wasn't too bad. (Anyway, you can keep telling yourself it's the last!)

I had a friend at LRMC. She's getting out tonight. She had a TVH with anterior & posterior repairs on Wednesday. She was in room 5104 (semi) & had loud nurses at her station! Her roommate had had same op, so they got along well. Her DH was about to strangle the nurses, though!

My room was 5135. Right outside another nurse's station. But they were as good as gold. You never did say the name of your gyn. (Mine is Jennings.) He really did a great job. I thought for a while this week I was getting an infection near my incision. He made me come in because he wanted to see it before the weekend. Didn't want me ending up in ER over weekend. It wasn't infected. Just a fluid pocket, which evidently happens.

Hope you're waiting well! Have you started the countdown yet?

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2002, 09:51 PM
Have I Lost My Marbles?

This is sooo funny! I have been laughing through this entire thread.

I am two weeks away from my day in the Castle.

This is my third month of taking progestin to regulate my periods or clean out my uterus, whichever it is for. Doc said it's like a D&C without the surgery. I started them b4 I decided to have hyst. Normally, I have some extra pain from the cramping with these pills, but this time....much worse! It's like my body knows I won't have any more periods, so it's going to make me remember this one!

Funny, I was noticing that I am so much more aware of how much my uterus bothers me. When I took my usual walk today, I felt like I was about 8 months pregnant! Seems like my body just wants to reassure me that I am doing the right thing!

Tonight, I was laying in bed with DH and rubbing his back and suddenly I had such a sharp pain in my abdomen, that I had to lay back and put my hand over it for about 20 minutes.

I would like to thank my wonderful body for reassuring me that I am not making a mistake doing this and thank all you wonderful ladies for making my decision and the waiting so much eaiser!

Thanks,

Renee
Unread 04-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Have I Lost My Marbles?

Hee hee.. you can join the rest of us whose marbles have gone bye-bye! Makes me think of the Queen song.."I'm Going Slightly Mad".

I had my last period right during surgery - it was fun to NOT be bleeding that evening!

And if you think you're nuts now, just wait till you are post op and have to pass gas, or "toot" as my doc called it. I wasn't allowed to get solid food till I did, and after a day of liquids and bowel prep, and another day when I had surgery, by the next day, I was HUNGRY! I went in the bathroom and started talking to myself as I rubbed my belly, "Come on, you can do it" , and when I did, I let out a loud "Good girl!!" Went out with a great big smile on my face and told the nurse I could have lunch :-). She cheered with me..hee hee. Fortunately, there was no one else in the room at the time to hear me go "Just very slightly mad..And there you have it" :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2002, 03:02 PM
Hey Debbie and Ladies

Debbie, I'm glad to hear that you didn't have an infection. I know first hand that that ER is no fun at all! Yes, I've started my countdown, but I keep forgetting what day I'm on. I went to the beach this weekend and lost count. I think it's T-minus 25 and counting. (I'm kind of cheating and not counting the actual day itself.) Oh, and my doctor is Puretz from Lakeland OB/GYN.

As it turns out, I think Aunt Flo got the message. I've had no problems out of her for the last two days. (I was worried during my trip to the beach that the ol' gal would act up, but she was almost non-existent.) I'm still afraid she'll make a come back though because she's tricked me before.

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register