Thickened endometrial lining; hysteroscopy under GA (UPDATED) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thickened endometrial lining; hysteroscopy under GA (UPDATED) Thickened endometrial lining; hysteroscopy under GA (UPDATED)

Unread 12-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Thickened endometrial lining; hysteroscopy under GA (UPDATED)

I've been reading posts all over this forum and am overwhelmed by the vast amount of personal experiences and information on all the topics related to women. And, as I related in my introductory post, I'm just beginning the journey. It started with my mentioning some spotting I had....and I can't remember when my last cy le was, if it was more or less a year ago (makes me sound unobservant or just addlepated). Anyhoo that put things in motion. I wasn't really aware of what an endometrial biopsy is and then I found this site in my info search. Scared me to death! So after a pelvic us I was informed my endometrial lining is thickening. So I've been referred to an obgyn 100 miles away. That's the closest one I'm going to find. I called her and begged to be put under and she has agreed to do a hysteroscopy under ga. And now I don't know if I did a dumb thing by asking. The other problem is my hunny jusy had an aortic valve replacement and an aortic aneurysm replacement. So I haven't told him anything about any of this cuz I know he will freak. I had breast cancer 2 years ago and all is well but I can't do this to him right now and have him worry about the cancer thinf again......I am already doing that for us both. So here I am.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2014, 02:02 AM
Re: at the beginning

Try not to get ahead of yourself right now. I get where you're coming from as I've been dealing with my situation while my DH has been having radiotherapy himself. It's really tough I know.

The hysteroscopy under GA isn't a bad idea, and hopefully your gyn will also be doing a D&C at the same time. Unless you have someone else available to collect you from the hospital where the procedure will happen, then you'll need to tell your partner. Someone has to pick you up and stay with you for 24 hours after a GA.

There are many reasons besides cancer for hyperplasia, so give yourself a break until your results come back. If it helps, my gyn said that most times the spotting is either from small fibroids that are too small to be picked up by ultrasound, or hormonal glitches. The ones that are most likely to be cancer are those that finished periods years before the spotting began. Just explain to him what the procedure actually is and the reason you're having it, that is the slight spotting. Then worry about the diagnosis once you have it.
Unread 12-23-2014, 07:47 AM
Re: Thickened endometrial lining; hysteroscopy under GA

Thank you so much for your reply...it put it in perspective for me! I will have to tell him before the consult which is Jan. 20th. He won't be able to drive yet so I must have a friend go with us being the obgyn is so far away. So I will tell him before that....emphasising the many other things it could be, as you pointed out to me. Thank you again...it feels great to even be able to get this off my chest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara100 View Post
Thank you so much for your reply...it put it in perspective for me! I will have to tell him before the consult which is Jan. 20th. He won't be able to drive yet so I must have a friend go with us being the obgyn is so far away. So I will tell him before that....emphasising the many other things it could be, as you pointed out to me. Thank you again...it feels great to even be able to get this off my chest.

My pleasure. I hope it all goes well for you and the results are just some run of the mill hormone imbalance. My DH was able to drive by the time I had my D&C (before he left for radiotherapy) so he picked me up from the hospital, but still had no interest in finding out what was done. Fortunately I was able to hide what was really going on because he considered what I was going through was "secret women's business" and he just didn't want to know and definitely didn't want to be at any appointments. He has only just returned (yesterday) from the city where he was having his radiotherapy... so now he is beginning to ask questions. I'm just going to answer the questions as he asks them.
Unread 12-23-2014, 09:53 PM

Oh I feel for you...and don't feel so alone myself now...I am going to do the same..answer questions as he asks them when he's ready to ask. I haven't shared this with any of my friends either...and won't for a while yet until I know what's going on for sure. I wish you and your DH all the best too...please keep me posted as well.
Unread 01-20-2015, 06:04 PM
I finally know SOMETHING.. (just not much yet)

After a month and a half, today I met the ObGyn my regular Doctor referred me to. I'm favorably impressed...and so is my DH! Very reassuring. She informed me my ultrasound showed fibroids, an endometrial stripe of 12 mm and an enlarged uterus. So she is more than happy to perform an hysteroscopy and biopsy (under sedation). I should have the date for that tomorrow some time. She also referred me for genetic testing....something that's never been suggested to me before. So now I wait...but of course the cancer thing is in the back of my mind. So many of you started down this road just like this..and I am learning from your stories..thanks for letting me share!
Unread 01-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Re: I finally know SOMETHING.. (just not much yet)

Hi sara100 -

I know this is hard to do, but do not get ahead of your diagnosis. Take this one day at a time, one step at a time. Many growths are benign.

I had a very large complex ovarian cyst (12x9x11 cm) and multiple uterine fibroids. I also had a cancer concern, and a gyn onc did my surgery. All was tested in the OR and all was benign.

Let us know when your hysteroscopy is scheduled, and results.

Unread 01-20-2015, 07:47 PM
Re: I finally know SOMETHING.. (just not much yet)

Hello Marestail!
Thank you for the reassurance. ..I do tend to get ahead of myself a lot. Today was the day I finally had any clue what was going on in my uferus...my primary Doc didn't share what the us showed, instead she referred me on to this obgyn. And at the time i was more rattled about what was going on with dh (heart surgery) and didnt think to ask. So I have new info now. And now that I've thought it through, with me and my family's history it just makes sense to have genetic counseling. And I'm very glad for you that your experience has turned out good...it gives us all hope!
Unread 01-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Re: Thickened endometrial lining; hysteroscopy under GA (UPDATED)

Hi sara100,

It can be hard to stepwise through the all the test. Let the doctors guide you through this, and just have patience.

I understand, though, that there will be times that you will be .

I hope your DH is doing well.

Unread 01-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Re: Thickened endometrial lining; hysteroscopy under GA (UPDATED)

Good evening Marestail!

You said it....patience is huge! This is so very different than the breast cancer experience..everything seemed to happened all at once and no waiting for anything other than recovering. So I am going to focus more on helping myself by spending time exercising and just doing healthy positive activites in the interim. And I'm very very thankful for this website and all you sisters!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register