2 weeks post myomectomy: When did you start doing Pilates and yoga again after myomectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post myomectomy: When did you start doing Pilates and yoga again after myomectomy? 2 weeks post myomectomy: When did you start doing Pilates and yoga again after myomectomy?

Unread 12-30-2014, 03:43 PM
2 weeks post myomectomy: When did you start doing Pilates and yoga again after myomectomy?

I am 2 wks post myomecty today! Things are great! I am so happy I chose this option.

I have been walking, and it's wonderful, but my hips are wonky when I don't do Pilates for long Postop appt in a week so just curious what others did. When did their docs release them for Pilates or yoga?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Re: When did you start doing Pilates and yoga again?

I don't do either, but just started stretching and core exercises to help with piriformus syndrome. So I'm curious about what's ok post hysterectomy. My Dr is out till Monday. I also have some strained scar tissue which does act up if I pull or tug on something or tax it a bit, so I have to be careful. So I'd like to know what others have been told as well. Not much on the net that I can find.
Unread 12-30-2014, 04:07 PM

I was curious about this myself. I wanted to begin practicing yoga as a new year resolution. I am 2 weeks post-op and have my checkup tomorrow. I plan to ask when I will be released to begin yoga. I'll try to remember to comment here once I've heard what my doctor says!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2014, 06:16 PM
2 weeks post myomectomy: When did you start doing Pilates and yoga again after myomectomy?

I just looked up periformus syndrome. Sounds painful. I'll bet Pilates would help with that. Lots of free classes on YouTube. Roku had a couple Pilates channels.

I wonder if stretching causes scars if done before a certain time?

I slept propped up on pillows so standing wasn't completely straight. Walking would eventually loosen me up and cause me to stand up straight. That can't be bad if done subtly, right? So slow stretching might also be okay.
Unread 12-30-2014, 06:18 PM

So were both two weeks. I don't know if the recovery is the same for a hysterectomy as a myomectomy but boy I am feeling pretty bored over here. are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandrum77 View Post
I was curious about this myself. I wanted to begin practicing yoga as a new year resolution. I am 2 weeks post-op and have my checkup tomorrow. I plan to ask when I will be released to begin yoga. I'll try to remember to comment here once I've heard what my doctor says!
Unread 12-30-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoggen View Post
So were both two weeks. I don't know if the recovery is the same for a hysterectomy as a myomectomy but boy I am feeling pretty bored over here. are you?
YES!

I'm off this week from work, and my husband is off as well. We're having trouble finding things to do! Of course we don't want to do any of the things that we SHOULD be doing like cleaning and organizing work and art studio areas, haha!

This recovery has been a breeze so far. It was laparoscopic so it wasn't too bad as far as the incisions. I'm feeling a little tight in my abdominal muscles and sore a little bit, but other than that I'm moving around really well!
Unread 12-30-2014, 08:01 PM

I just plopped myself on my belly on my bed. I forgot I had surgery! It didn't hurt but I thought I may be stretching things inside so got up. Wow!

I just asked the head of my church to play shuffle board at my club house. Only thing I can think of without driving. I drove a couple short places but am avoiding it with snow storms. Last thing we need is a car accident.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register