Ovarian Cysts, Anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovarian Cysts, Anyone? Ovarian Cysts, Anyone?

Unread 04-26-2002, 08:44 AM
Ovarian Cysts, Anyone?

I'm having an ovary removed due to a large "cyst-like" mass. It had been stable for several weeks, but just started growing again, therefore the surgery. Can anyone relate?

It may not seem like it, but I really don't enjoy worrying!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Ovarian Cysts, Anyone?

Bonnie! I cannot relate as I didn't go through this, but I still can pop in here and you!

Sara
Unread 04-26-2002, 08:53 AM
Ovarian Cysts, Anyone?

Thanks Sara

You are always there for everybody! You're an

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2002, 08:58 AM
Ovarian Cysts, Anyone?

Thank you Bonnie!

Psssssssssst you are an too!

Sara
Unread 04-26-2002, 09:28 AM
Ovarian Cysts, Anyone?

I repeat, you're so sweet

Tell me, when you were having all your pain, did you ever once entertain the idea it might be cancer? My Dr says everything points to being benign, but I sometimes just can't help myself from worrying. I have gone from being scared silly over the surgery to thinking I still have 5 more long days to go! I know the fear-factor has diminished because of this wonderful site, but now I can't wait to be done with this! I know you understand!

Unread 04-26-2002, 09:34 AM
OVARIAN MASS

Hi Bonnie,
I had both ovaries removed 3-12 because of bilateral ovarian masses and years of cysts. I had that fear also that pathology would reveal something awful, even though scans and labs indicated they looked benign. My thoughts are with you for a positive outcome and speedy recovery.
Unread 04-26-2002, 09:37 AM
Relating!

Hi Bonnie.. besides my severe endo.. I also have cystic ovaries and uterus... when I was pregnant with my last DD I was in so much pain during first trimester due to cysts popping because of not enough room... I found out that a lot of my non-menstral pain was due to cyst growing too big and popping on their own and leaking fluid into pelvic area. My Dr also said that he is almost positive that "the big mess" that I have in here is all benign. Don't worry about that part unless there is reason to. Some days I worry.. some days I just can't wait to get it over with and some days I do the "why me" thing... but all in all.. I know besides my family... God and my sisters are watching over me and praying for me. I will be just fine. to you!

Kyia
Unread 04-26-2002, 09:42 AM
Ovarian Cysts, Anyone?

You sisters are wonderful!! I can feel the relief flowing thru me!

Bless you both!

Unread 04-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Ovarian Cysts, Anyone?

I know exactly how you feel. I had a large, benign ovarian mass on my left ovary. Truth be known, it never caused me pain (slight discomfort during sex only, but no pain) and it looked irregular on the scans. Supposedly, benign cysts cause pain most of the time, so I was worried that it was malignant, expecially since it looked irregular on the scan. But my doctor kept telling me that a very large majority end up being benign. And it was!

Try to relax and believe that it will be benign. I did. And I didn't get all stressed out. Even if it turned out to be more, it won't help to worry about it now.

Best of luck and hope it all turns out OK.
Unread 04-26-2002, 10:29 AM
Ovarian Cysts, Anyone?

Thanks Lisa! I know ovarian cancer is very rare, as is winning the lottery. I'm jittery, and I wish it were easier to focus on winning the lottery! My Dr doesn't believe there is anything to worry about, and said that even IF it turned out to be malignant, she thinks we're in time to help it. You know I had to ask!

Thank you for your response.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register