Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 05-Jan 11,2015 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 05-Jan 11,2015 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 05-Jan 11,2015

Unread 01-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 05-Jan 11,2015

Well 3 weeks for me today. I swear I'm more tired and achey than before!!! Wahhhhaaaa!!! Lol. Ready for the fun part!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2015, 02:50 PM

It's been 21 days since my surgery. I had an appointment with my Gynecologist today to review my pathology report. First I will give you some background.

What started this whole process was that I am in menopause and I was getting the occasional blood spotting. Nothing much really but they tell you to see your doctor if this happens. I was on HRT as well so even more important to do.

My GP sent me for an ultrasound and they found my endometrium lining was thick about 11 cm. I was then sent to the Gynecologist and she did a biopsy in the office of my endometrial lining. It was then advised to have a D&C. Once they examined the pathology they found I had Atypical Complex Endometrial Hyperplasia. My Gynecologist told me I should have a hysterectomy because of the possibility of cancer. I did.

The results of my pathology are that I did have endometriosis. I had stage 1 uterine cancer. They are sure they got everything as it did not spread to anything else. I am so happy I had this hysterectomy. Thank God I did. It's important to listen to the recommendations that are made. I did lots of research so I was able to make an informed decision. I see the oncologist next for them to review my pathology and to see if they want to do anything else.

Overall I am feeling good. Will keep you updated on how it goes. Thanks for listening.
Unread 01-30-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblonde View Post
It's been 21 days since my surgery. I had an appointment with my Gynecologist today to review my pathology report. First I will give you some background.

What started this whole process was that I am in menopause and I was getting the occasional blood spotting. Nothing much really but they tell you to see your doctor if this happens. I was on HRT as well so even more important to do.

My GP sent me for an ultrasound and they found my endometrium lining was thick about 11 cm. I was then sent to the Gynecologist and she did a biopsy in the office of my endometrial lining. It was then advised to have a D&C. Once they examined the pathology they found I had Atypical Complex Endometrial Hyperplasia. My Gynecologist told me I should have a hysterectomy because of the possibility of cancer. I did.

The results of my pathology are that I did have endometriosis. I had stage 1 uterine cancer. They are sure they got everything as it did not spread to anything else. I am so happy I had this hysterectomy. Thank God I did. It's important to listen to the recommendations that are made. I did lots of research so I was able to make an informed decision. I see the oncologist next for them to review my pathology and to see if they want to do anything else.

Overall I am feeling good. Will keep you updated on how it goes. Thanks for listening.
Wow! I am so glad you had your hysterectomy! I will be saying extra prayers that they got everything and that nothing more needs to be done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2015, 04:36 PM

Thank you Tlb !
Unread 01-30-2015, 05:46 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 05-Jan 11,2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreeve View Post
Well 3 weeks for me today. I swear I'm more tired and achey than before!!! Wahhhhaaaa!!! Lol. Ready for the fun part!!!
Me too!!!! I am not sure which is worse.....being so tired and not having any energy or the achiness and not being able to get comfortable. I am also dealing with swelly belly and have just a few outfits that I can comfortably wear.
Unread 01-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 05-Jan 11,2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhaley View Post
Me too!!!! I am not sure which is worse.....being so tired and not having any energy or the achiness and not being able to get comfortable. I am also dealing with swelly belly and have just a few outfits that I can comfortably wear.
I feel Ya. I'm still in drawstring sweats n loose tshirts.
Unread 01-31-2015, 09:50 AM

I need to complain for just a minute. Sorry! My daughter is a senior in high school and today she has two huge events going on that I wanted to go and watch. She has a pole vault meet this morning and an all star cheer competition this afternoon/evening. They are both in the same area but far from my house. I would have to be gone all day and I am not sure how I would be able to sit or do all the walking. So, I have had to stay at home! I am bummed! I really wanted to go! My husband has gone with her, but I really thought I would be okay by now to attend.
Yesterday I started with this burning and throbbing sensation in my right groin area. I am sure it is nothing, other than a new healing pain, but I am terrified that I may overdo it today, and then cause damage if it is not a normal healing pain.
Of course my emotions do not help! I am a mess!
Has anyone else had this throbbing, burning pain on the right side? It feels like it is in my groin area.
Unread 01-31-2015, 10:15 AM

I'm so sorry! I know that's really disappointing. You did the right thing though as they say you only get once chance at healing. I've had that same pain in the right groin area too. It kinda comes and go and like you, I think it's the nerve endings adjusting. A previous surgery I had a similar thing happen and all was fine with some healing time so as long as it doesn't stay acute... So hang in there...it sounds like although you could have gone it would have really taxed your body and nows not a good time. She knows you're there in her heart.
Unread 01-31-2015, 12:21 PM

Yes it's so hard to adjust to things being so slow! I've been very very lucky, had a TAH Jan 5 and haven't used pain meds other than Ibuprofin after the first 3 days and have had excellent energy, not needed naps etc. ....as I say I've been lucky. And did a lot of supplements, Chinese medicine, Accupuncture, etc. but yesterday, Day 25, after a week of feeling quite chipper and taking daily walks with the dog etc, I really overdid it unwittingly. I walked the dog on a snowy trail which obviously was way more taxing than regular walking because I felt fine on the trail but when I got home and since, I obviously really set myself back, have had pain and now am needing to basically sit still and stop today. I'd returned to work for short 5 hr days Wed and Thurs which went great....so thought nothing of the snowy trail walk. WRONG!!!! Really did some damage to my healing. A hard lesson. So I'm taking it easy from now on! Big love to all of you out there, it's quite a roller coaster.
Unread 01-31-2015, 01:25 PM

Tried to go to Target today. So exhausted n still lightheaded and headache and felt like I was struggling to hold myself up. Bawling now. I thought by 3 weeks I could do something like that. Feel like everyone else can at least get out for a few. 😢

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register