To LIW, especially for TVH BSO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To LIW, especially for TVH BSO To LIW, especially for TVH BSO

Unread 04-27-2002, 11:34 AM
To LIW, especially for TVH BSO

I posted a similar topic in post forum, but just wanted to caution my sisters who will be having TVH or LAVH soon.

I was supposed to have LAVH BSO, but ended up doc could do everything vaginally! YES!

I do want to caution you though. Just because you do not have a visible incision, do not think that you do no need to take the advice of everyone here and take it easy. I am here to tell you that I made the mistake of doing way too much and I am paying for it with severe fatigue, very uncomfortable insides and admonishment from my doc.

For me it was very difficult to justify so much resting, and not acting like a princess because I couldn't get it in my head that I had major surgery because I had not visible scars to remind me.
I was cautious, however, I way overdid because I felt like it wasn't necessary for me as cautious as those of you who have visible incisions. I felt relatively good so just pushed myself to the limit. Don't let this happen to you. As one of my sisters said, with clothing covering the incision site, we are no different inside.
Everything they had done, I had done, just in a different way.

So please, most of you will be really surprised at how good you feel and think, well that is just for those who have big incisions, believe me it isn't.

I have been ordered to start at square one because I overdid, and am now basically relegated to the bed for the next three days, so take my advice, do the pampering - it is necessary.

Marci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Hi Marci

Thank you for posting your experience and warning to the

Yes, it is so easy to over do for all of us. I can imagine it is especially easy without the visible scar. Maybe we need to send out some of those scar tatoo's to stick on the tummy's of the TVH ladies. Or maybe a full body cast would keep us down and remind others that we really do need to be pampered.

You take good care of yourself now. I understand the pillow in Texas are especially stuff!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register