True Confessions during surgery!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

True Confessions during surgery!! True Confessions during surgery!!

Unread 04-28-2002, 02:53 PM
General Anesthesia

Ok, now if there was a chance of not going under a general you have totally abolished that thought!!!!!

I know a lot of people who talk about vomiting after surgery and how painful it is. I never had and this will be my fourth summer of surgery since 1997. I have a ridiculous list of surgeries. I didn't want to press my luck so I thought maybe I could maybe go without a general? It's not that I have any major secrets, but I do have some things I'd rather not share with strangers!

Best of luck to you. I'll be anxiously awaiting your story of recovery. Be sure to post so that this newbie can read!!!

TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2002, 09:25 AM
True Confessions during surgery!!

HA~! THis is too funny! I REALLLLLLLY needed an out loud laugh today!~

I just copied and emailed this thread to my mother!!! When she found out I was having a hyst, she said, "Ohhhh, make sure you go under." Of course I asked why!

She said that she had been taken from the recovery room to her private room and had just settled in, regained control of her mind, and was realizing that the surgery was indeed all over. Very serious stuff, you know. Contemplating life post-hyst, etc.

In walks her doctor. The same man who was there for three out of her four children's births. He carried her paperwork in his hands and yet walked right past her to the window. As he stood there, my mother said , "Hello, Doc." He continued staring out the window, WHERE HE BEGAN TO CHUCKLE!~ AND Giggle, and bellow, and turn beet red in the face. He put his hand in the air at her as if to quiet her and still he could not form a sentence. My mother was terrified!! LOL..."WHAT???~!?!?!!?!?" she screamed!!! He said, "Dear, *giggle* you should never *hehehe* have surgery without *chuckle* being under g-g-g-general *HAHAHAH* anesthesia! You know I'm a married man, right??"

OMG, could you imagine??? But, my mother, not missing a beat replied, "Well, I don't know what I said, and I'm a married mother of four, but you only live once!"

Gotta love that! My mom is SO bad sometimes! LOL! She and her doc had a good laugh....as much as she could without crying from the pain....and all went well. I never heard of anyone else having a similar experience. Great comments, y'all!!!

Joby....who is defninately going to be under G.A.!
Unread 04-29-2002, 09:36 AM

I am laughing so hard reading these posts!!!! I have had 3 surgeries and I DON'T THINK I've ever said anything embarassing I have wondered though. When I had my laparoscopy a little over a year ago, they gave me that happy medicine and I remember just laughing for no reason. Then they wheeled me to the OR and there were a couple nurses in there talking to me about me twins. It was such a fog, but I remember thing "how do they know I have twins?". Then next thing I know, I'm waking up and I thought it was really strange that I never saw my doctor at all. But then it all started coming back to me.....I did see him, and I remember talking to him, but what about???? I guess I'll never know. But I still wonder what I might have said to him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2002, 09:41 AM

I know a woman who proceeded to sing the song "Another One Bites the Dust" as the surgeron proceeded to make the first incision. They had a good laugh about that one.
Unread 04-29-2002, 09:44 AM
Too much info

Wow... I just know how I am sleeping normally... (i talk in my sleep) so can you imagine the things I will be saying??? I will have to ask the nurses and Drs... I want to know.. just to get a good laugh at it.. oh but wait.. I will have to grab my tummy pillow first!
Unread 04-29-2002, 11:16 AM

I had my tubes tied a few years ago and after they gave me my 'happy shot', as they were wheeling me to the operating room I was quoting (and quite loudly) lines from the movie 'Raising Arizona'. More specifically, the line when Holly Hunter finds out she can't have any children and Nicholas Cage, her husband, is saying "Her womb was a rock upon which my seed could find no purchase". My nurse was propped up against the wall almost crying she was laughing so hard. My doctor keeps telling me they have my pre-op comments on tape but they won't give them to me!! Things have a way of just popping out of my mouth at any given time so I am always a little horrified of what I might say after that happy shot!
Unread 04-29-2002, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Selina
"Her womb was a rock upon which my seed could find no purchase".
Oh Selina!!! I just lost a contact from laughing so hard the tears popped it out!! Now come help me find it~!

I'm starting to worry now, because after my initial happy shot for my D&C, I remember giggling on the way intot he OR and hearing the nurse say, "We've got a lightweight here!"
Joby
Unread 04-29-2002, 01:41 PM

This thread is just way to funny. Gosh, someone could blow a stitch from laughing so hard! I'd love to be in an OR someday just to listen! Bet they hear just about everything!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register