Hi I am having a hysterectomy on May 8th... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi I am having a hysterectomy on May 8th... Hi I am having a hysterectomy on May 8th...

Unread 04-27-2002, 10:21 PM
Hi I am having a hysterectomy on May 8th...

I am scheduled to have my uterus,left ovary,tubes and cervix removed. I came across this site because i was looking for pro's and con's to having a hyserectomy. This is a wonderful site and I am so glad that i found it. I have enjoyed reading all the stories here and have learned alot. I am really starting to get nervouse about having this surgury but I know that i will feel so much better after i recover. Just knowing that i wont have to live with painful periods anymore is worth it to me. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions before i went into the hospital...maybe prepare me alittle. Im one of those who tries to act like things dont really bother me to much and then i freak out on the actual day that im going through it. I actually didnt realize how major of a surgury this really is. I am a very active person and am not really looking forward to the down time...one is because i just got involved in a new career that is physically demanding..(massage therapy). I guess i will have to work back into it slowly. Sometimes I also get alittle discouraged because i dont think that my husband realizes how major of a surgury this is. I have been in and out of hospitals all my life and have had several surguries but none this major. I think im wearing on him becuase lately this is all i seem to talk about...I tell him alot of things i hear and i think its bothering him. I just want to know that he will be here emotionally for me when its all over with. So this site is very wonderful to be able to talk to ladies who have had the same experiences and are so willing to share their thoughts and sapport. Best of luck to all who are getting ready for the surgury and also best of luck to all who are recovering. I think you are all very brave!!!
Very glad to be here in your good company,
L-Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2002, 10:39 PM

You are in such good company here!!!

I am having surgery on MONDAY......... (no stress in my voice when I say that... lol) yikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkes!
I am a wreck........ but like you, I know this is what I have to do.

I seriously could not have done this, without the support I have recieved here on this site.

Just remember, this is a process.......... each day brings about a new fear, and I guarentee you someone here has experienced it and will support you through each step.

I too understand the thing about your husband. My thinking is, unless a person knows what you are going through first hand, they really can not comprehend all the emotions. Try as they might....... it just isn't the same.
I know for me, in the past when I knew someone going through this, I didnt understand. (not like I understand now, firsthand)

Take care
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-28-2002, 04:18 AM
Hubby support

I am a very analytical person. I like to know all the facts no matter how minute. I like to PLAN. Hubby on the other hand takes things as they come. He is wonderful about letting me talk him deaf dumb and blind. I am not really looking for reassurance from him, just need a sounding board. I had a breast biopsy in 2000. Talked about it with him until I was sick of it! LOL...difference here is I had biopsy very next day. Hyst date not even set yet! Once I know, I think I can stop talking about planning, and actually begin to plan. I know I have many things to do before hand, but a part of me also realizes I need to go into this well rested! Your hubby may be scard to death and not know how to tell you, or he is worried if he shows fear, he will burden you. Hang in there!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2002, 01:50 PM
i will be thinking of you Donna!

Hi Donna! Well it looks like tomarrow is the big day! I wish i was actually going in tomarrow also becuase like you said...each day brings a new fear and mine are growing stronger by the day! I just want to get this over with and behind me!! Well...I will definately be thinking of you as I'm sure many others will too! I know you will be very tired and out of comission for awhile but i will be anxiousely waiting to hear how you are doing. I think we all fear the unknown and waiting is definately the worse part. It is great to have a place hear to come and talk out our fears with others. Good luck with everything and know that we are all thinking of you!!!
L-michele
Unread 04-28-2002, 01:59 PM

L-Michelle,
Thank you for taking the time to wish me well........ that is so sweet of you. Today surprisingly enough I am calm. Ahhh denial is such a great thing.. lol
I will post as soon as I can........ and **** it, it better be like others say....... "the wait is the worst part". OR someone is gonna hear about it.. lol
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-28-2002, 02:01 PM
re:hubby support

I think you are right! I know that my hubby is very worried but tries not to act like he is...(tough guy syndrome) I too have had awhile to think about this surgery...since January. I kept putting it off and not showing up for appointments...just hopeing it would go away! But it got to where my periods were life threatening...it would look like a murder scene in my bathroom!!! So I went ahead and scheduled my surgery date and of course canceled it once and rescheduled. But now theres no backing out. I have talked about all this to my hubby now for several months and maybe I am scaring him to death. We hear alot of horror stories so it is good to hear about the positive ones on here! Let me know when you schedule your appointment so we can all support you!
yours truely,
L-michele
Unread 04-28-2002, 02:50 PM

L-Michelle,
I guess you havent detected from my other posts that my date is TOMORROW............ yikes!

I will be sure to tell you the truth about, if the wait is the hardest part or not......... it better be.. lol
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-28-2002, 02:59 PM
having surgery May 8th also

hello hystersister,

this is pink and I'm also having surgery on May 8th at
12:45 pm and I'm alittle nervous but I just try to think
about not having anymore bloody moments wishing it
(the periods and fibroids would just go away). I'm
praying for you as well as myself and all my hystersisters
out. So good luck and stay strong.

And feel welcome to drop me a line or two.

praying for you,
pink
Unread 04-28-2002, 03:06 PM
Thinking of you

Hello Pink!
I am sure everything will go fine for you on your surgery date. What type of hyst are you having done and why? Are you having a general? I always like to know these things. LOL
Thoughts and prayers with you and all the ladies scheduled for tomorrow.
Unread 04-28-2002, 03:54 PM

lmichele:
Don't worry about down time, I am going on my 4 weeks and I feel so amazing. I only have little pains in incision area now. I felt great starting week 3 I am very active also and I worried that I would be out for a while. I am off work until end of May but, I feel great 4 weeks later! :

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register