Biggest Fear isn't "A" - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Biggest Fear isn't "A" Biggest Fear isn't "A"

Unread 04-28-2002, 02:31 PM
Biggest Fear isn't "A"

Hi, Jeannie -

I suspect the fear that they'll find cancer is something many go through. Keep in mind that pain does NOT equal cancer. Lots of things can cause pain. Have they done any ultrasounds? Seen anything suspicious? Take a deep breath, and try to focus on all of it being over. Sounds like you have a wonderful, supportive family who will see you through this.

Hang in there!!

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2002, 03:04 PM
Biggest Fear isn't "A"

Laura Jean - Just because your DDs may not be there doesn't mean they don't want to know that you're OK as soon as possible. My DH waited and waited and waited, had lunch and waited some more. DS was at school (worrying) and as soon as he got home got a call from DH that I came out OK. DS wanted to know, but really couldn't DO anything about my surgery. It even helped when I called later on that night. (And I was coherent by then too)

I agree w/Alisa. Pain does not equal cancer. Cancer is too sneaky for that.

Best of luck. s!
Unread 04-28-2002, 03:06 PM
Biggest Fear isn't "A"

Best wishes tomorrow Laura Jean,

I know personally what it is like to worry about cancer. And also the relief when the test results allay your often silent fears. I was diagnosed with skin cancer in December and this led to an amazing medical journey. (Luckily the melanoma was removed very early and has required no more treatment.) I will spare you all the details except to say that in the last four months a variety of Drs have examined me for eight different kinds of cancer. Except for the melanoma all has turned out well. And the relief at hearing definitely after surery that everything was benign has made my recovery much easier. I wish you the same reassuring news.

Steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2002, 07:36 PM
Biggest Fear isn't "A"

I'll have to start my "preps" in a little while, but thought I'd take a "HysterSisters" break. I'm so glad I did!! What lovely, compassionate replies you've sent

I have gotten things all set at work. Home? Well, that's another story. I've straightened enough to have made a difference. I have gone through some bad sleeping times, so am really not expecting to sleep tonight. Maybe I can still get those bathrooms yet

Well, I finally told my Mom, and it went o.k. There was a lot that wasn't said, and I think that may be where my cancer fear comes from. My parents, especially my Mom, has had so many medical problems that it's amazing that Mom is in as good a shape as she is. And she's only 75. She understood why I told her so late. But I could see in her eyes she worried right away. I told her I was definitely o.k. with the decision, felt confidence in the Dr. and the hospital. What else can I say?

I finally realized this evening that this surgery has brought my immediate family closer. My girls are 23 and 19 and out of the house, but they've been extra nice, are getting along with each other so well--and I can see my husband's "touch" behind a lot of it. We, all of us together, are going to get through this part of our lives and it will be fine and then we will go on.

I truly know that I am so blessed. I am making friends on this site and my family has an opportunity to show me their love Now, if I could've just found a way to have all that happen WITHOUT having major surgery would've been nice, but....

It's gonna be o.k. I'm gonna be o.k.
Unread 04-28-2002, 07:50 PM
Laura Jean

I know your fears and feel for you. I too have the same fear. I had my surgery last week and all has gone very well . The pain has been minimal, only headaches giving me a problem. The doc told me she feels there is nothing to worry about. All my pre tests were normal and nothing was noted then or after surgery. I am holding my breath for tomorrow but also know from the last tests that they may not be back yet.....so stressing wont do me any good. I am holding on to the Lord and the fact that the two doctors I had did not see anything to worry about. sigh......I want you to know that all of us here are with you tomorrow. Think about us, we are holding your hands through the rough stuff. I thought of the sisters here lots in the two hours pre surgery and knew they were praying for me.

God Bless you and good luck

Cindy
Unread 04-28-2002, 09:34 PM
Biggest Fear isn't "A"

Jeannie,
I realize I may be too late, but I'm wishing you all the best and sending prayers your way

Ovarian pain can be caused by so many things besides cancer ... cysts, endo, adhesions, etc. But I think cancer crosses everyone's mind, even if there is no real reason to suspect it. After all, we're having major surgery so we've been having some pretty serious problems to have arrived at this point.

I love that your family is being so supportive and yes, it's too bad the price is major surgery for you. My 20 year old DD came home from college to be with DH during the surgery. Then she spent most of the first night in my room, trying to sleep in the chair next to my bed. I was so helpless at first and didn't have the best experience in the recovery room, so DD offered to stay with me. Wow, kids can be amazing!

I hope everything goes smoothly for you, with no abnormal cells found! Stop by and let us know when you are home.

Beth
Unread 04-28-2002, 09:52 PM
Biggest Fear isn't "A"

Hi Jeannie,

I can sure understand you being scared!

One of the things I thought was coolest about having a hyst (plus I had a laparoscopy 6 weeks before that...) was it was like having an extraordinarily thorough checkup, inside and out. I had chest x-rays, blood tests, EKGs... Not to mention a trusted doctor having a really good luck around inside (twice!). How often do you get the chance for a complete hood-up inspection? So now I *know* there is nothing sinister lurking, undetected in there.

So maybe you can picture this as not just a hyst, but also a chance for a good, reliable "internal exam". I hope you come back with a clean bill-of-health! I'll be sending healthy thoughts your way.
Unread 04-29-2002, 01:01 AM
Biggest Fear isn't "A"

Well, I was right--didn't sleep But I was so tired, I just never did get to those bathrooms Remembered that I needed to email the instructor for the class I take on Monday nights that I wouldn't be there tonight, so here I am at the computer at 4 AM, trying to be calm, listening to some CDs.

It was meant to be--even though I was resting, still had some weird things lurking through my mind. Your posts mean a lot. I just keep praying--partly for my Dr. to be a "morning person"

Horsewoman, I've read your posts here and there, and you really have such a good way of looking at things. I like your idea--I'm just getting a real good "tune up"

I really thought I'd be so hyped this morning, but instead I'm so incredibly tired. Surely that'll be o.k.

Cyall on the other side

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register