Large Lovely Diva Issues - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Large Lovely Diva Issues Large Lovely Diva Issues

Unread 11-15-2002, 08:35 AM
Large Lovely Diva Issues

I weighed almost 300 lbs, which alot of that was caused by PCOS, but for all my DR faults, he never mentioned weight with me. (Was he scared? Like I'd hurt him or something??) I had two weight issues in the hospital, though.

The first was when I came back to my room from recovery. I was on a sling so they (3 little nurses) could transfer me to my bed. That was fine, but when they went to get me off the sling (roll to one side and they move the straps, and then roll to the other side and they remove the straps -- like I felt like rolling!!!), a nurse fell on me. I heard a crunch and thought "Oh my god, what did she just do to me?" My DR was called to my room and determinded that she ripped some muscles in my stomach. Like I needed that!

The second came the following day when the nutritionist came in to "talk" to me about my weight. It seems I lost almost 20 lbs in less than 2 weeks. She wasn't happy and wanted to know "If I was not eating on purpose." As if it's that easy. She didn't bother to find out the Dan had almost been killed in a car accident, and when I get nervous or upset, I don't have an appetite. Anyway, when I said "yeah right. That's what I'm doing. Not eating so I can lose a few." she stomped out of my room. After a few minutes, when I realized this little skinny thing that doesn't look like SHE eats was just yelling a me for losing a few pounds, I started laughing so hard I was crying! The nurse came in at this time and thought somehting was terribly wrong. For some reason this made me laugh harder. Do you know how bad it hurts to laugh like that WITHOUT just having a hyster and ripped muscles. My mom had to explain to the nurse and she just grinned and said "how do like that?"

Sorry this was so long,.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2002, 10:42 AM
Large Lovely Diva Issues

Having made it to the other side, I can only say great things now like why didn't I do it sooner. I am now 15 weeks post-op and enjoying each day. I had the horizontal incision and was concerned about my weight being an issue. However, it never was. There are a few things I would suggest that made life so much easier: get a toilet seat adapter which raises the seat with rails attached. This helps with not having to get down so far and the rails give you support to get up. I also used a cane around the house. I found at least for the first two weeks that it helped me with stability and I could use it to help get up from a seating position. Pillows in bed are a must. I slept on my back with pillows propped on both sides and over. (I have 3 cats) Finally about week 6 I was able to start sleeping on my side. Watch out for gas. They are not kidding.......it HURTS. Gas X worked for me. Bowels take on a life of their own and do the opposite of what they did before so for constipation I tried prune juice (it also contains fiber). You will have strange sensations in the adomen because things are starting to heal.... very tingley and even an area might feel numb. I got a hand held shower and it worked great with my walk in shower stall. Dry off good or even have DH blow dry the incision with low warm air. If you have to step into a tub for your shower, make sure to have a rail on the tub or a DH to hang on to. You will have "swelly belly" and be tired for quite a while. This is normal. The biggest thrill was not having to wear "pads"anymore. That was the greatest feeling in the world since I had been wearing them daily for over 8 months due to heavy bleeding. I have noticed that my weight has shifted? At least the upper half is smaller. Watch out for steps. I limited myself to once a day after week two. Any other questions, I would be happy to respond.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register