Alittle Odd Question........... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Alittle Odd Question........... Alittle Odd Question...........

Unread 04-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Alittle Odd Question...........

hi ladies.. it has been awhile since i posted, alot has gone on with me but still begging for a hysterectomy. my odd question is rather graphic and alittle gross.. so please forgive me in advance, here goes... first of all a recap of my problems, i have a chronic platelet disorder an enlarged uterus a cyst on my ovary and terrible periods which leave me bed ridden for days,i pass blood clots the size of china and has pains like i'm in labor, but cannot find a doctor who will grant me a hysterectomy... go figure.
anywho.. here's the gross odd question, lately during my periods i bleed from my rectum, is that the "norm"? i mean i never noticed before this happening, and was really embarrassed to mention it, but curiosity has gotten the best of me, i am also having a terrible time having bowl movements and constantly feel bloated but just cannot "go", does that go hand in hand with these other problems? or am i developing more problems? thanks girls for listening and please pardon the nature of the question...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2002, 04:09 PM
See Doctor

First... You should see your Dr...

Second.. it is possible that you have endo in your rectal area that tries to "slough" (the right word?) off during periods. I have endo in MANY places and bleed in many places during my cycles... I have read that endo can end up ANYWHERE.. including on your skin (not common). You do need to see your Dr and tell them what is up.. and read some more info on endo and see if maybe that matches your current problem.

You may also just have hemmroids that are bleeding... whatever is the case.. you need to have it checked by Dr.

to you and hope you find your answers soon!

Kyia
Unread 04-29-2002, 04:09 PM

I have alot of the same symptoms as you, but never rectal bleeding(except from hemrhoids(sp?) ). I definately think you need to call your doctor to find out what's going on. I wouldn't take a wait and see approach with a symptom like that.

Question...why won't any of your docotr's give you a hysterectomy? Is it your age? Or are they just not listening to your problems? I feel so lucky that I have a doctor that has always listened and will do pretty much what I want Hang in there. Keep looking for a doc that will listen if that's what the problem is. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2002, 04:11 PM

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time.

You really should call your doc if you are bleeding from your rectum. If it is severe, go to the ER. I am no expert, but anytime you bleed from the rectum it is not normal.

Please take care and keep us posted.
Unread 04-29-2002, 04:28 PM
thanks.............

i really appreciate the responses.. this is a recent problem and it only occurs during my periods, its weird, no pain with it just blood when i wipe(sorry to be so blunt). as for why they will not give me the hysterectomy, who knows.. they keep wanting to try this and try that but nothing works, i am 33 years old had my tubes tied 14 years ago,oh and they say it can't be that bad your not anemic, whhooopppiiee.. i have bleed so bad before i had to have a transfusion, and was never anemic but they seem to have all the answers, i recently moved and will be going to the hospital that originally diagnoised my blood disorder so maybe they will listen.. cross your fingers and thanks alot..you girls are awesome....
Unread 04-29-2002, 08:36 PM

Hi Angelwings

My docs kept minimizing my bleeding too and didn't really want to talk surgery - and I didn't push it, but when it finally came to a point where I couldn't stand it any more, I went to the Endometriosis Association Web Site - you can put in the information on where you live and they will give you a list of doctors in your area that are more familiar with endo than most Gyns and PCPs. It worked for me - I love my new doc and he knew immediately that we needed to get all the yuck out.

http://www.endometriosisassn.org.

Good luck

EL
Unread 04-30-2002, 04:53 AM

angelwings~

Find another doctor! It took me 5 years to find one who really listened to my symptoms and took me seriously. In addition to having heavy bleeding and clots, I was anemic, had a small fibroid and had adenomyosis.

I had doctors tell me it wasn't as much blood as it looked like, that it would be over in a few years, and even that insurance companies don't like to pay for hysterectomies! If I hadn't finally found the right doctor, I'd still be going through the embarrassment of flooding 2-3 days every 25, and having to stay home. I had my surgery on April 4 and I feel terrific. Only wish that I had found this site before - everyone here is so supportive and wonderful!

I hope you find a doctor who will help you. They are out there! Also, do check with a doctor about the rectal bleeding.

Good luck!
Unread 04-30-2002, 05:47 AM
You are not alone

Oh Sistergirl!!! I have blood from the rectum too during my cycle! I thought I was the only one on the face of this earth with this wierd problem. I had a TAH in 99 due to years of massive bleeding, enlarged uterus, fibriods and disabling pain. I also had severe bowel pain . My lower back started hurting too , like pressure from within. Well my uterus was attached to my colon and nothing had to be tacked up because there were so many adhesions. My Gyn said there was no active endo. present and ovaries were fine. Sometime in 2000 I started having symptoms again when I cycled but this time I noticed blood from my rectum and felt those old familiar pains in there too. Had a colonoscopy which showed nothing . Later that year an ovarian cyst was found which supposedly went away. It came back summer of 2001 and I went on bc pills for 2 months only because they were making me so sick and miserable. Still seeing blood when I cycled and having increasing pain in my left side and GI disturbances. I went back in Feb of this year and was put back on another bc pill and sent home. Then I made a decision: I'm going to dump my GYN that I thought the world of for 20 years and get a second opinion. The new gyn immediately did a vaginal ultrasound (first one I've ever had !) and found a complex cystic/solid mass on my left ovary. I was sent to a gyn/oncologist. They think this could be endo but not ruling out cancer. I was told part of the colon might have to be removed if this mass has grown into it(which could be causing the blood)in addition to the ovaries removed. Surgery scheduled May 17. I'm having a sigmoidoscopy on Thursday and another ultrasound next week. I've had CA-125's drawn and another blood test that marks colon cancer. Sistergirl, listen to me ,please don't keep messing around with this like I did. You need a new doctor now!!!!!Your gyn is dragging his feet like mine did. Don't let this go on honey. You already know in your heart that something is not kosher here! And don't let them tell you it's irritable bowel(I do have this ,but I know the difference!).Even my new doctors are a bit puzzled about this rectal bleeding thing but they are concerned and are working on it. I'm upset with what has happened to me but glad I listened to my heart . You take good care of yourself. Sorry so lengthy! Let me knowhow things are going if you wish and I'll do the same. s to you.
Unread 04-30-2002, 05:56 AM

Just a little venting, but why is it some docs want to do a hyst for any and every little thing, and others avoid them no matter how dire the circumstances? I know someone who wants and needs a hyst, but her doc refuses to do it until she's 40 (a few more years). Why do they think it's okay for a woman to suffer? In my friend's case, 40 is just a number. It is so hard to find a good doc, but it's worth the search.

Unread 04-30-2002, 06:02 AM

I too had endo and had a very hard time finding a doctor who would listen to me. I started calling around to all the women clinics in my area and specifically asked the receptionist if the doctors at that clinic were aggressive in treating endo. I was astonished at how honest these women were. On receptionist actually said "You don't want to see the doctors here." Finally, a receptionist with the same problems gave me the name to her wonderful doctor and things are so much better.

There are many ways to finding a doctor who will be aggressive in treating endo. Do what I did or call the hospital and ask for the Head of Gynecology.

You NEED to let your doctor know you are bleeding through your rectum. It is possible it is endo but you may have internal hemorroids. You need to rule out anything that could be more serious also. Please do not wait......CALL TODAY!

Wishing you the best!

Gayle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register