Alittle Odd Question........... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Alittle Odd Question........... Alittle Odd Question...........

Unread 04-30-2002, 06:16 AM
Alittle Odd Question...........

I have endo.and possible adeno.

I too bleed from my rectum when I have my period. My doc. finally believed me (they kept asking "well, how do you know it is from your rectum?") We know these things don't we:-). Anyway, he had me get a colonoscopy and saw a few spots that could possibly be endo. I am having my hyst. in May and hopefully will have all my questions answered. One thing I also have, which I'm wondering if it is related, and wondering since you have one of the same symptoms, maybe you suffer from this too......About a week before my period comes, I have terribly painful bowel movements, and I bleed vaginally....I don't bleed any other time during the week prior to starting my period.....just when I have a very painful bowel movement, then once I start my period, I bleed from my rectum. Do you experience anything like this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 06:16 AM

I'm sorry you are going through that Angel! I think you should definitely tell your doctor about the bleeding and you need to get another opinion on your condition.

I will be thinking good thoughts and praying for you. Please let us know when you see the doctor about the bleeding.

Sara
Unread 04-30-2002, 07:42 AM

Hey Sistergirl,

GET A NEW DOCTOR AND FAST!!! Maybe it's my age, (did you ever see Molly Shannon do her I'M FIFTY clips on SNL?) but you do not have to put up with this. This is your body and you know how you feel and what your symptoms. It sounds like a hyst, is what you DO need not what you don't. I'm new here, but please listen to these ladies. And remember, you are the boss of your ownself!
(I knew a little one that used to say that). I'll be thinking about you, so take charge of your health and run with it.
Roni, a new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 11:24 AM
so glad i'm not alone

thank you ladies i am sorry you all are having these problems but also greatful i am not alone, its the weirdest thing i only experience this rectal bleeding during my period, thats why i doubted it was hemmoroids, its recent, just started happening, but i knew in my heart it wasn't right. you guys are so right doctors sure like toplay god and rulers of our lives huh?i told my last doc that i wished he was a woman and could have just one period like i do.. then he'd sure be ready to give up the surgery.. and of course he said it had nothing to do with him being a man.. yea right most men just don't get it.. i thank you guys for your help and i will get this seen about gotta first wait for hubbys insurance to go into affect we just recently moved and all. if it gets to bad i'll go to the er.. they can't do nothing but treat me can't eat me.,..lol.. :O)
Unread 04-30-2002, 01:04 PM

AngelWings~

It wasn't only men doctors who wouldn't listen to me, which people think is amazing. I had a woman doctor walk out of the exam room after I mentioned my problems. I thought she went to get me a drug sample or something, so I sat there waiting for her to return. She never did! I finally got dressed, left the room, and there she was, packing up her briefcase to leave for the day! I never went back there. Should have given her a piece of my mind, but I was too shocked that I had been put off like that.

Really glad that you'll have a doctor check you about the bleeding. Too bad about the insurance and having to wait - I sure understand, though.

One thing I did for the doctor who ended up doing my surgery was to make a chart of all the supplies I used during the period I had before my first visit with him. I made rectangles on graph paper for each tampon used, and colored them brilliant red!! Also did the same to represent pads, then mentioned all the clots, how I had to wash down the bathroom after using it, etc. It really gave a graphic look as to what I was going through. I don't know for sure that it helped my cause, but I'm sure it didn't hurt any!

Hang in there, and keep looking for the right doctor for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register