Tampons......... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tampons......... Tampons.........

Unread 04-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Tampons.........

I have been wearing tampons for years and never had a problem with them. Now they seem to be so uncomfortable. Moving around makes it hurt worse. Anyone experience this? This is just something that came along with all my other problems. I'm wondering what it could be. And I have alot of vaginal burning with my periods. I gave up on tampons a long time ago because of the burning and pain, but I just started using them again and it hurts. I wonder what's up with this? Anyone else experienc anything like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2002, 05:02 PM
Tampons.........

I, too, wore tampons for years and over the last several months they became very uncomfortable - at times they even came out on their own. When I went to see the dr, he said I had a severe rectocele and cystocele (bladder and rectum falling into the vagina). He told me this was making it so that there was no room for tampons and thus they were very uncomfortable. Has your dr mentioned a prolapsed bladder or rectum? It could be a prolapsed uterus or vaginal wall causing the pain. Bless your heart ! I do so know the frustration you are going through!. I was about to say how I look forward to being able to wear tampons once I heal with no pain - then I remembered - I don't need them EVER AGAIN! Let us know what you find out.
Unread 04-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Tampons.........

You know, I have the same problem of them "falling out". They don't actually come out, but they do slide down a little bit. I never did mention this to my doctor because my list of problems is so long and I haven't had many periods in the last year because of Lupron and continuous BCP's. But it sounds like something I might need to mention to him.

That's right...... NEVER AGAIN. I just bought some pads tonight. I hated spending the money because I was thinking I might not get through all of them and then I will have left overs. Oh well. I'm not complaining
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2002, 05:27 PM
Tampons.........

I don't have any prolapse but heavy clots overwhelmed a tampon. It seemed to rush around it and even push it out slightly. It was very uncomfortable. Had to walk like I just got off a horse! Haven't worn them for years...couldn't trust them to work under the heavy bleeding. Just my experience.

Maralyn
Unread 04-29-2002, 07:01 PM
Tampons.........

I've experienced difficulty with tampon insertion (and retention) as well as pain during intercourse as a result of fibroids filling my uterus and causing my cervix to present in my vaginal canal (not prolapse, just way too full!) Have had some success in changing to o.b. brand - they're not as long as others. I have to wear tampons and pads together or else I couldn't work (presently have to take breaks almost hourly due to flooding) CANNOT WAIT until I never have to deal with this again.

Have you tried this kind? Might be worth a shot but you might want to talk with your doctor about the burning sensation you're experiencing.

Cecee
Unread 04-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Tampons.........

Hi Girls!

I have worn tampons for years and they have never affected me until about 4 months ago. I now have them slide down , actually I can feel them on the outside by the time I get to the restroom when they start their decent. I also have the burning and itching feeling and the fact that each time I insert or remove one I want to cry makes it horribe. I also cannot wear some pads and bleeding usually overwhelms pads anyway. I wear super/overnights and pantyliners and have to change every hour. When this is not in effect I usually have dry tampons and after they come out they are followed by large masses of whatever it is ! I have been miserable for a while and I finally went to the DR he said it needed to come out-- (now). Talk to your Dr. these are symptoms that are important. Have hyst. in 3 days --- Getting nervous !

Mandy
Unread 04-29-2002, 08:41 PM
Tampons.........

I had pain with tampon use about 4 years ago. I had a bowel blockage and passed out on the throne. My husband came home and took me to the ER. After that, I didn't wear tampons anymore. Too much pressure on my bowels!

I hope you get it figured-out, soon! I would definitely make sure your dr knows; and ask lots of questions! Be persistant! It took me a long time to get someone to finally take a look!

The clots sound like mine, too. I just sit and wait for them to move before cleaning myself up; they usually build up before they get all over the place. Usually. (Aint being a girl FUN!?)

Good luck and lots of s!
Unread 04-30-2002, 07:39 AM
Tampons.........

I never associated the discomfort I had when wearing tampons with anything wrong with me, till I had TVH. I had a uterine prolapse (mild, cervix 1 inch from vaginal opening).

The pad issue: you WILL need some for after surgery, so they aren't a complete waste of money. My doc told me I could bleed and or spot for up to 6 weeks. It has been 1 week already since my hyster and the only actual 'bleeding' I had was the first day and a half, and even that wasn't bad. Now it is more like pinkish-watery discharge. Not even enough for a pad, tho I still wear em. Here is my on pads: buy the 'always' brand with wings. I use the slenders for teens. They are thin, but hold quite a bit. They don't feel like you are wearing a diaper either

Best Wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register