3 months post hysterectomy: Pelvic Organ Prolapse? Soft squishy lump inside vagina | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months post hysterectomy: Pelvic Organ Prolapse? Soft squishy lump inside vagina 3 months post hysterectomy: Pelvic Organ Prolapse? Soft squishy lump inside vagina

Unread 02-14-2015, 10:48 PM
3 months post hysterectomy: Pelvic Organ Prolapse? Soft squishy lump inside vagina

I am absolutely freaking out.I am 3 months post op (TAH kept both ovaries)and I have been having discharge for a while but its just now getting to the point that I felt the need to check things out on the inside for myself. Well I did and now I am freaking out because I felt a lump on the side of what I believe to be where my G-spot is located. It is approximately 1.5cm in diameter and I can almost pull it to the exterior of my vagina (I tried to see it), that is how close it is to the opening. I have NEVER felt this lump before and I am worried that it may be POP or something more serious. Having the dream that I did last night (dreamed that I had vaginal, ovarian and intestinal cancer) is not helping my nerves at all. I am curious if anyone else has had this and it turned out to be nothing or if my worrying is valid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2015, 10:10 AM
Re: Pelvic Organ Prolapse? Soft squishy lump inside vagina: 3 MOS Post surgery

I have a squishy lump too. Right in the opening towards the rear. Not sure what it is. Freaked me out too. Going to doc on tues and will ask. Hoping it's just swelling that will go away!
Unread 02-15-2015, 12:40 PM
3 months post hysterectomy: Pelvic Organ Prolapse? Soft squishy lump inside vagina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie L View Post
I have a squishy lump too. Right in the opening towards the rear. Not sure what it is. Freaked me out too. Going to doc on tues and will ask. Hoping it's just swelling that will go away!
I'm bleeding now when I pee so idk what the heck is going on. Calling my Dr tomorrow to see if I can come in. Good luck and let me know what they say please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2015, 01:24 PM

Okay you too. Let me know what they say.
Unread 02-15-2015, 07:23 PM

I have the same anterior and posterior in the vagina. In my case they are much larger than 1.5 cm and have been diagnosed as cystocyle and rectocyle. The cystocyle is not painful or causing any other symptoms right now. The rectocyle is quite painful and is causing lots of issues. I have an appointment in mid March to discuss more options. Both have happened since my hyst. in October and treatments up to this point have brought little to no relief.
Unread 02-15-2015, 07:37 PM

Now I'm worried. I don't want another surgery. I have had enough complications and don't think I can handle another let down from this surgery
Unread 02-15-2015, 07:43 PM

Angie L, don't panic too soon. I don't think my problems are the "norm". In fact my sister in law has had cystocyle for years and had no symptoms other than an occasional UTI from it. That being the case she has no plans to do anything until she is done having kids, which will probably be a while since she is in her mid twenties and wants lots of kids.
Everyone is different and only you and your doctor can decide, but try not to worry.
Unread 02-15-2015, 07:45 PM

I can't have another surgery right now. I am getting married next month... Calling tomorrow and hopefully getting some answers.
Unread 02-15-2015, 07:46 PM

I have a large hematoma so I was hoping the pressure from that us the cause and that when it gets smaller the lump will go away
Unread 02-17-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgal73 View Post
I have the same anterior and posterior in the vagina. In my case they are much larger than 1.5 cm and have been diagnosed as cystocyle and rectocyle. The cystocyle is not painful or causing any other symptoms right now. The rectocyle is quite painful and is causing lots of issues. I have an appointment in mid March to discuss more options. Both have happened since my hyst. in October and treatments up to this point have brought little to no relief.
I've got a posterior prolapse, unsure about anterior no lump but I'm occasionally having trouble peeing. I too have an appointment mid March to discuss options. It's uncomfortable & causing one or two other issues. Dr has me on a laxative every day to increase gut motility but they are upsetting my IBS.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register